ForumsThe TavernWhy aren't you as active as you could be?

27 6529
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Many of us are aware that the forum has hit one of the low points that people have traditionally complained about, but this one seems different from the other low points. In the past, the slowness has traditionally come from there not being enough active participants in the community to keep the flow of posting at an active pace, even when there were people who did their best to make up for the inactivity.

This low point now, however, puzzles me so, as the circumstances are quite different from earlier drought periods. You're all here, and we have enough people here to keep the place going almost constantly, but the amount of new posts that come in on a daily basis seems lower than it's ever been. I'm seeing threads now in the Tavern that receive 1 or 2 posts per day, and these are threads that even 6 months ago could have received 5-10 times that much attention.

Now, I'm not criticizing anyone, as we haven't even yet established the root of the problem yet; we're only seeing the effect of a problem we have not yet discovered. This is not an attack on Tavern participants or anyone in the community. This is purely for statistical purposes.

All I would like to know is, why might you be less active now than you were in the past, and what could be done to make your community experience more worthwhile? This question is aimed not at the community as a whole, but rather towards you as an individual. If you truly feel you're as active as you could be and as you want to be, there is no obligation to answer.

• 27 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Just thought of something else: A lot of unspokeness goes through here. We have a lot of silent understanding.

I want to say this hints towards what I hinted about earlier but I overthink things so lolcant say 4 shore
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'm in my final year of school and I'm kind of getting bored and visiting other sites. Also, I do tend to forget about this place.

wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

Well, it being spring, I play girls lacrosse, my school is getting busy what with the end of the year approaching, finals, etc, and I have just starting doing other things. Plus, when there are only 1-2 posts on a thread, it seems like they move very slowly, so it's hard to have a discusion about something, meaning I won't necessarily post.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

My computer is time limited to 3 hours a day to prevent me from being on it all the time. Probably for the best, really.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Because no one talks anymore and it's dull. I'm not going pretend that I actually do something with my life as I'm still here everyday lurking. If things were interesting and active, then I would make time for it.
Yes, my reason for inactivity is inactivity.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I just mentioned in another thread that there aren't enough places to post anymore. Not every topic can go on forever. There have to be new ones every day to keep it interesting.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Simple lost of interest. It's gotten to the point where I barely lurk here to be honest.

Showing 16-22 of 27