ForumsGamesBest way to farm Shadow Cores?

13 3723
rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Thanks to your guys' help I was able to get past the 1000 level mark, I'm at 1200. I got my first 100 rarity, and now Im wondering what the best way to farm SC is?

I was told F1 haunting shadow trait, send all - create manafarm, create kill tower, endurance, send all.

• 13 Replies
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Or you could just replay F1 with no additional settings over and over again. Takes less than 30s/run and you can get tons of shadow cores per run at a high level.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

How many SC do you get with no traits?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

@Op darn you're lucky. I got my first rarity frag 100 at level 2818, during my 2818 -> 3142 jump of 7 trillion xp. Got 2 of them, but still lol. Nice on the fragment.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Do they really help that much? :O I got it on my 1000-1200 jump I think.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Well they give the most +Xp% xD. Also inner fragments 100 rarity give 10% WoE health loss, making 5 of those give -70% total. Better than blades shrine. So yeah.

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

Talisman fragments are helpful at lower levels but there arent many bonuses that are helpful in endurance. WoE health loss and freeze duration are the best affixes, both found only in inner fragments. Corner fragments have charge bonuses, but the worst are the edge-only affixes. +mana for starting waves early, gem wasp bonuses, orblet bonuses, +harvesting speed, slower killchain counter these are all irrelevant in endurance mode. I hope that Peter will review this issue and makes fragment hunting a rewarding experience.

On topic: Just play a map with a lot of waves like X4 or T8 on haunting with no traits or 3-4 in chasing shadows. Usually I make a 3/8 white 3/8 orange 1/8 red 1/8 yellow gem in a tower with 8 pure orange in amps and an O-W-R-Blue mana farm trap close to the tower. Call waves early so the killgem can shoot Beam all the time. And thats it, 6-800 SC without endurance in 1 minute or so.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Why white?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

As for why not white, white certainly will never compare to the bloodbound multiplier here.

http://i.imgur.com/kgmGJFk.jpg

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

Because its a 1 minute run, killgem is about g30 at the end so no reason for bloodbound.

shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

For grinding shadow cores i find white > black, mainly because black takes time to power up whilst white gives me the instant powerup i need.

It might be different if you have MP, but using white i usually finish faster and easier than using black. Grinding exp however, it is black all the way.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Black outpaces white at grade 20ish. No, really. It does.

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

http://i.imgur.com/s94dAGf.jpg

VS

http://i.imgur.com/O2g8PC0.jpg

Skill level 60 both cases.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant