ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem

496 147876
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi, I am level 3142, and I am going to be the first to get a grade 100 gem.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

How did I get specs obscenely high? Well, thanks to this dude over here...

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

I now have huge specs. It takes me about 20-30 seconds real life time to get +1 grade. So a minute before +2(needed if want extra specs). I estimate my specs to be about 80% higher than normal, at least blood is.

PS- Level 46 amps got the spec treatment too, they are wicked.
  • 496 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

If this doesn't sing true to the +specs by that method I don't know what does. BTW, can I be called God yet?

http://i.imgur.com/O7DbZid.jpg

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

Glad I could be of assistance. unfortunately my tactic doesn't become useful til grade 40, which still takes me around 75 waves. I can barely get a 50 by 200, but I'll get there.

Best of luck to you in your noble endeavors.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Yeah, but at around G36 it becomes really, really noticeable, in the fact that at that point, I could still do 8 upgrades at a time hehe.

Now, specs are really slowing per upgrade, but amazingly amps are the thing helping me keep up. Specs afaik increase at about 1.4x per level from my observance, speed by about 1.25x, so that's about x1.75. Amps double my blood, or even more, because they also add mana to the gem which is thus amped by the doubled blood spec. Hehehe. Allowing me to keep up yeah. I'm getting about 550 quadrillion mana per frame. 2 more upgrades(1 with the spec thingy,) after I get ~450 quintillion mana to upgrade, will probably then give me 1 quintillion per frame.

Epicsauce. To get G66 I will go into the E21 range lol.

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

The mana required for a G60 versus G100 is a 1.1e12 factor difference. I feel like it would take hours for the last upgrade alone, but I may be wrong. How long did that 60 take?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

The 60 took about an hour.

In game time, if it's the same as GC0 which was around 25-30 seconds per wave, only 5 minutes. Lol!

Yeah, grade 100 requires somewhere around 1E30 mana.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Reached E mana, O_o I did not expect that.

http://i.imgur.com/TZ0S1yJ.jpg

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

http://i.imgur.com/kgmGJFk.jpg

Let's calculate the mana I earn per second(assuming enough monsters for chaining)

Uh.....

108,545,461,088,956.3 Mana * 16,368 Chain Hits * 91,764.36 Shots Per Second

This is crazy.

It equals: 1.6303518e+23

In other words, 160 hextillion mana per second.

Clearly something's wrong, as I'm getting 4.8 quintillion(4.8E18) mana per frame. Times 30 frames per second, that's 144 quintillion per second. I don't think having only 60% of the possible amount of chain hits accounts for 1/1000th the mana per second.

Strange.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

hits per second are cut to one hit per frame or so.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Cannot be...

1.08E14 * 16368 * 30 = 5.303232e+19

That's 50 quadrillion per frame. I'm getting 5500 quadrillion per frame(5.5 quintillion) or I did at lvl 66 gem xD it's now 68. I think it's more like a limit on hits per frame yeah, but it isn't one. And I think that limit goes up the laggier it gets, or so it seems. I can't be gaining more and more mana just because of +1-2 monsters every 3 frames. I gain too much. Laggier it gets the more time it has to process hits. I think.

Anyway, I need 2.16 E22 mana to get Grade 70. I'm at 4E21, and it's only wave 18.5 I can make it before wave 21. Then I am superepic4life. C:

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

What setup (PC stats) are you playing on? How big the lags are?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

no idea on pc, I suck at computers as I'm only a teenager(9th grade). Sorry can't tell. I can tell you that this computer is 4 years old, and its a good computer.

Proof- 5K monsters in gemcraft chapter 0 without crashing and was amazingly pretty bearable considering insane mana farm income(this was w/o any triple gems and only 4 prismatics with less than maximum lime(chain in that version))

Proof2- Bearable at grade 40 with 20K chain in labyrinth. Unbearable past grade 45. Starts to freeze at about 10k monsters(at g45 gem). Lags unbearably even with only 4k chain past 20K monsters, I tried once.

Right now it's about a frame per second. That's with 12K monsters, minimum settings. TBH, I'm quite impressed. With such epic graphics, even with min settings, that's quite a lot. Not to mention all those hp bars.

Also, it helps that even tho it seems slow I can comprehend just how much friggin mana that I'm getting per frame- About 8.85 * E18 mana. Rather funny.

It also helps that I have epic music playing to the background with a manafarming frame per second beat to it as well. =)

PS- Almost grade 70.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, duplicate, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

Let me see if I'm understanding this right...

-Make two G1s and combine them.
-Duplicate the resulting G2.
-Make two pure G2s, one of each color, and combine them with the duals, resulting in a (for example) RRRO G3 and a ROOO G3.
-Combine the G3s, resulting in a G4 that's RRRROOOO but has higher stats for the same mana cost as a G2 RO that's been U'd twice.
-Repeat as desired.

I probably would've been less confused if the bolded word was there in your original post...

Also, is there something like this for triple/quad gems? I normally run with quads now (ROBlkY/ROBlkW depending on map plus RPBluW, all in towers and amped) and could use the extra mana leech/armor shred.
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I didn't post it, it was a quote. Sorry.

Also, not sure how for triple, but for quad, dupe first quad gem 3 times. Then make 4 pure gems of the colors. Combine pure with quads. Shift g to combine all twice and finish.

Note for ROBlueBlack for me I just add 2 colors in at a time. Red blue till blue maxed, then orange black.

Possible better way: max blue via blood so just from grade 3 start adding OBlack.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I've thought about stopping adding anything except orange to manafarm gem after eg. grade 30. You don't need more blue and red (maxed becouse of bloodbound) and black, becouse amplifiers can give you 80% of your normal bloodbound multiplier. Putting everything in orange may give much more mana gain per hit amplified by nearly the same bloodbound = faster gems grinding.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Duals are the best. They get auto doubleamped. Later I will double check. For now IDC.

Showing 1-15 of 496