ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem

496 147940
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi, I am level 3142, and I am going to be the first to get a grade 100 gem.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

How did I get specs obscenely high? Well, thanks to this dude over here...

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

I now have huge specs. It takes me about 20-30 seconds real life time to get +1 grade. So a minute before +2(needed if want extra specs). I estimate my specs to be about 80% higher than normal, at least blood is.

PS- Level 46 amps got the spec treatment too, they are wicked.
  • 496 Replies
tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

I am going to end my endurance on G80
Sorry for those who want to see a gem close to G100.

I don't really want to upgrade my gem to G100 since this idea is not by me; it is by someone who is a pro on GC0.

It is a long run that go overs 54 hours,maybe in the future if i have time, I will try to upgrade my gem to a higher level. Bye all, gonna "fight" for my G80 YRB Gem now.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

you shold see how deeply a g80 makes it into endurance without any shrines to help

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

Result:

Cannot hold after wave 550 (after e+39)

Its good to see how the game is destroyed because after this 55 hours endurance, I gain only 1 level!!!

3420->3421

Hey, is this level worth 55 hours? How long will it take from 6420->6421?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I'm assuming on haunting. On looming I got to almost wave 650(about E30) with grade 58 YRB(8 mil hit threshold) gem.

So endurance on looming may likely be beatable if we can stand to make 80+ gem.

Tinybolt
Tinybolt
6 posts
Nomad

Wow only one level? Was it a bug O.O cant seem possible!

shinigaminokuro_hikari
shinigaminokuro_hikari
7 posts
Nomad

the exp rate grows exponentially its very frustrating, at the rate it increases i doubt its possible to reach the level cap in the game by legitimate means.

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

I got to around wave 700 on looming with a lvl 70 kill gem that wasn't optimized. I'd hope level 80 and optimized would be enough if combined with a little permafreeze and WoE spam.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

The thing of it is, though, permafreeze can't really happen without some serious effort anymore because Prism Cascade doesn't reduce spell/shrine charge times anymore.

CuAnnan
CuAnnan
1 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry, could I get an example of the gem creation guidelines because I'm not following the instructions.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

so ive been using the tactic you explained for dual gemming, but what do you do for quad gemming?

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Probably just combine the two resulting dual gems together.

Anywho, for those still not understanding:

1. Create two different grade 1 gems, each with a different special.
2. Duplicate, NOT UPGRADE (very important!), the dual gem that results.
3. From the grade of the dual gems upwards, make pure gems of rising grade until you're 2 grades below the desired grade. Separate the pure gems into two columns, one above each dual, and ensure that each column only contains one of the two specials in the dual gems.
4. Combine the dual gems with the gems above them, then combine the results with the gems above them, etc, until you have two gems. The upgrade cost should still be normal. If it isn't, you messed this step up.
5. Combine the two resulting dual gems together.
6. ???
7. PROFIT (also enjoy your awesome new gem)

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

here's how I make Blue-Red-Orange-Black combo gems:

http://youtu.be/Y9KJ4C8jfe0

You'll see that I mix in straight black/orange to the quad gem to level it up passed grade 4, however somewhere around grade 40 the red drops off, so you'll need to mix in a little more red at some point.

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

Has anyone got passed 80 (without exploiting bugs, of course)? I am just about to hit 80 myself.

It is taking ~90 minutes for each upgrade, and that's growing little by little. Not sure how much more patience I'm gonna have, but I definitely can't see getting to 100 since even if it maintains 90 minutes per upgrade, I will need to let the game run for 30 hours from this point.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Once I get up a few more levels, I should be able to start manafarming.

Then maybe I can head for a grade 100 gem...with all specials. :3

An ideal prismatic in this game has the following setup:
Grade 1 Red
Grade 1 Yellow
Grade 1 Orange
Grade 1 Green
Grade 1 Cyan
Grade 1 Purple
Grade 1 Blue
Grade 1 White
Grade 3 Black

The grade 3 black is to combine with the grade 3 gem that results from combining the other eight gems. The upgrade cost remains the same.

I've always wanted to see how well a gem like that would work. Maybe we'll see soon enough...

EDIT: What's this? An edit button? YAY!

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

9 colored gems suck. Period. 20% specs, r u kidding?! True colors only aids up to 4 specs...beyond that EVERY GEM SUCKS xD

Showing 76-90 of 496