ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem

496 148538
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi, I am level 3142, and I am going to be the first to get a grade 100 gem.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

How did I get specs obscenely high? Well, thanks to this dude over here...

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

I now have huge specs. It takes me about 20-30 seconds real life time to get +1 grade. So a minute before +2(needed if want extra specs). I estimate my specs to be about 80% higher than normal, at least blood is.

PS- Level 46 amps got the spec treatment too, they are wicked.
  • 496 Replies
xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

thunderrider , i think i combinde 8 O Grade 2, 7 Black Grade 2 and 1 dual OR Grade 2(or was it Black Red??).

for upgrading: duplicate the Gem to upgrade twice, upgrade the Gem(pressing u) and add the 2 lower lel Gems to the upgraded.

i am still trying to find out how gc cs calculates the specials and effects of dual/trippel gems..

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

i also stopped using freeze so often... way less lag without freeze... got a mana-cost grade 60 gem by wave 10 now... but i do use slow before my mana trap; not in it

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

just tested it, your method gave me almost double the specials by grade 60 equiv, but the firing speed is far far far lower, so if super high firign speed doesnt work then this method is better but if not then i think the conventional method is better

however im gonna try using this for my amplifiers, it works for pure gems as well so the amplifier firing speed doesnt matter a lot fi the specials are double

also xroads have you experimented with the ratio much? 1 + 2 smaller worked fine but i tried jsut for testing, 1 + 7 smaller and it was jsut barely worse, might get around to esting 1+1 or 1+3

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i just made some pure black supergem amplifiers, and my gems firing speed wend -40%, but mana per hit went up 25%. i did a test of 1 wave exactly for each, 1 wave using grade 67 amps, the other using grade 34 supergems of equal cost

the supergems gave 25% more mana, which confirms my theory that firing speeds of like 100k+ mean absolutely nothing, theres still a limit to how often the game actualy hits monsters

how i have to decide if i want to get brave and test it for my main gem or not

if youd like to help me test if its good for main gems xroads, would you get a grade 70 equiv cost one, and tell me what your mana recieved in 1 wave is and how many monsters on the board

i did 1.4 e22 with 3.6k monsters in 1 wave on a grade 70

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

to further support my theory of firing speed not working, my main gem is geting +44000 hits every second with 4k monsters on the screen, it might be capped at 1 hit per monster per frame

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

unfortunately i couldnt get a decisive answer on which was better

71 regular gem = 2.3e22 mana in 1 wave
70 equiv Sgem = 1.8e22 mana in 1 wave

about a tie when you factor in the grade upgrade adding about 1.4

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

ConnerC: You will see that the mana gain will hit a wall for multiple reasons. There is a reason for noone posted a G100 gem here.

First of all, Im pretty sure that the gems have a capped attack speed. They may say 20k attack per sec but its only a few hundred/sec max. Red component also have a limit I think. Im not sure how many, but Im pretty sure 20k chain hits wont work. Another thing to consider that black gem's hit level will skyrocket until a certain point, after that it wont be increasing with the same rate. And last but not least there is a mana gain multiplier from mana pool level, this will also skyrocket until manapool level 50-55 then it almost stops growing.

So what Im saying basically here, is that mana gain is a factor of many things, and its multiplier will slowly decrease, whereas the mana needed for the next grade wont.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

we arent even considering mana pool growth bonus for this since it means so little

my supergem blacks seem to be continueing on exponentialy grownig despite their 68 counterparts starting to increase linearly, this could make a huge differance eventually

but yea what you said is prettymuch everything i said more in depth on the last page

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

mana gain multiplier doesn't give extra mana from anything but monsters. It says so on peters blog.

Also, if only I could GET through it and not go impatient, I could get grade 80 before wave 17 endurance starts. Then, at wave 500 I can get grade 100 with 499000 monsters, and bam, create killgem with that, kills up to wave 999, win.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

thats assuming chain hit doesnt cap

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

to be perfectly honest, if you want to do it heres how you would do it

anger all 17 waves to be unkillable in f6

get all 17k lined up on the gem, with a 14-22s duration on freeze and a 7s cooldown all you have to do is get a mouse recorder to hit "1" then click, every 10 seconds or so

let it run for a few days, check on it every now and then to upgrade your gems

eventualy youll get a grade 100 after what would have been thousands of waves of real time pass

then begin endurance with your grade 100 and see if you can beat it on looming which you might be able to. i know 999 has e59 hp and a grade 100 gem would be able to hit for around e50, or maybe like e55. could be doable with some wake of eternity action

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

thunderride can you give me the link to peters blog please? i just know http://gameinabottle.com/blog/ but there is no info on game mechanics..

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

go to older posts, in all of 2012 and 2013 mostly he posted spoilers during game development. Tons of related-to-the-real-game info there. First thing I did when it came out was review all of the stuff. Helped more than you could believe.

Edit: Connerc for your comparison, same hit level?

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

hmm i actually didnt check the hit level lol, maybe that was the deal breaker

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

By the way guys, blades shrine at 50% is now happily obsolete.

Proof:

53% WoE with venom with small range and infection with tiny range killed 4000 monsters from sleeping hive with up to E60 hp in about 10 minutes of trapping, killing, etc. Cooldown was only 150 sec and start at like 81 sec.

On the M hextile with the hive.

Showing 166-180 of 496