ForumsNews and FeedbackAdverts and game loading

15 5153
thezombiecat
thezombiecat
3 posts
Farmer

Adverts and game loading

I have noticed that the game dose not start loading until after the advertisement is finished, or skipped. Because of this I always skip the advert, even if it is something that is of some interest, which probably reduces the value of your advertising.

If the game could load while the add was playing I, and probably others, would be more likely to let the advert run.

• 15 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Even I prefer the same. Actually I would like the ads to be removed

thezombiecat
thezombiecat
3 posts
Farmer

And if there were no ads how would they pay for the electricity, building rent, server hardware, game programmers, artists (or licensing from game developers that pay that).

Most of these games are free. Without even an in game store. And the ones that do have a cost are cheap and well built. A turn off adds option would only be viable if you had to pay for it. Ether monthly for the entire site or once for each game (buy the game and you donât have to look at adds playing that game)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@thezombiecat @akshobhya Since ads pay for the games that you're playing, they won't be removed. Now that we've got that out of the way, loading a game while an ad playing can cause complications since ads are variable. I think some games actually do load the game while the ad is playing, for instance Dead Zone I believe.

We are looking into a no-ad option of our site, but then we'll have to find a way to pay for the gerbils that power our servers. They are very hungry!

thezombiecat
thezombiecat
3 posts
Farmer

um, what happened to the post i replied to. somebody was saying there should be no adds, and my response looks kind of odd without it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@thezombiecat Sorry Mr. Cat, no idea.

Nodge
Nodge
10 posts
Blacksmith

i hate unskippable adverts 1min+ =\\

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@jonathen It's best if you watch them, but we understand not everybody will be interested in every ad.

@Nodge I dislike them as well sometimes, I watch the same ads you do even more frequently. I also know it's what keeps our site going.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@jonathen Haha, just watch them like normal. Skip them if you want. We want users to enjoy the site, but thank you for wanting to help.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Closing the thread, thanks all.

Showing 1-9 of 15