ForumsThe TavernMeeting yourself

12 3720
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm sure most of you at this point are wondering, "R2, what is the point of this thread?" Well now I'm going to tell you to QUIET DOWN, YOU IMPATIENT... impatient... ah forget it! I can't think of an insult at this hour.

Anyways this thread is about meeting yourself, or more of a better explaination, your clone. How would you react when meeting your clone? What would you do with your clone? What adventure would your partake with your clone? Say anything about you meeting your clone. Go ahead. Type on that little keyboard thing you have down there.

• 12 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

One thing is for sure: we wouldn't get along. Aside from that, I couldn't imagine much.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If we were exact copies of each other, theoretically we would say the exact same things to each other at the same time unintentionally. But that logic is flawed, because it doesn't take into consideration the environment in which the clone was raised. Since I would be meeting this person for the first time in over 3 decades, chances are he would have been raised in a completely different environment with different experiences, and would therefore be a somewhat different person.

But that would make everything more interesting. We could play chess, 2-player video games, basketball, mini golf, or anything else competitive, and see which one of us is dominant in each thing we decide to do together. We would probably hate each other after about a week, but it would be a unique experience.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

If I had a clone, we'd be best friends. Or really hate each other, but I prefer to make friends. And I could make one of me do my homework.
Of course, a lot of people would be worried about their continued health with two of me.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

One thing is for sure: we wouldn't get along. Aside from that, I couldn't imagine much.

Conversely, my other and myself would get along verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry finely
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i think wed get along well. since we are both lazy we would split chores and work days. wed help each other reaching our goals. play together and have a challange. it would be fun

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

See, I have a twin. We aren't identical, but growing up, we were always together and we were a lot alike. We got along swimmingly, but we also had plenty of stupid fights along the way. Being around someone who is too much like you can sometimes be worse than being around someone who is nothing like you. A twin can be irritating enough, but a clone would drive me completely mental.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

No doubt he would probably want all of my nice clothes. I would be the same way if I was in his shoes, even though if he were my clone, he would already have nice shoes.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I've always wanted to hang out with my past selves, as in, 18-year-old me, 17-year-old me, 16-year-old me, and we'd even invite 15-year-old me because of his painfully awkward, unfiltered sense of humor.

We could go anywhere, and it would always go the same way. I'd be telling the guys (me, me, me, and virgin me) about events from their future, but they would only be half listening. 18-year-old me would be trying to talk to girls who are clearly not interested in him, 17-year-old me would be moping about how girls don't like him, 16-year-old me would be depressed about the fact that 17-year-old me is still as depressed as he is after a whole year, and 15-year-old me would watch 18-year-old me in awe and think, "That's gonna be me someday."

We'd probably reminisce about things in our past, but we couldn't brag about anything in our childhood because none of us would really be impressed. "Oh you learned to read when you were 2? Yeah, me too."

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

We would get so bored of each other so fast. we would always know what the other one of us was going to say, and even if we didnt the conversation would get boring anyway because anything we said would be old news to the other one.. xp

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I would strangle myself after arguing whether or not I should play video games or do something else

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I would have someone to ride my bike with.
My other friends are mostly out of shape alcoholics or have moved in another state or are still living in Canada.

Showing 1-11 of 12