ForumsGamesGC CS - GPU?

10 4023
xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

Hi,

Dose anyone know if CG CS uses the GPU to calculate damage, timers hp ect.?? Or is flash not capable of doing this??
i hate it when the game slows down while having +1k monsters on a +50Gem trap

• 10 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It uses CPU only if I am correct. I tested it with my notebook geforce 650m and intel hd 4000 - just the same performance. Then I played on a PC with overclocked i5 4770k - framerate jumped like 4 times.

Gidu1
Gidu1
1 posts
Shepherd

any ideas of how to force gpu for this game?

DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

any ideas of how to force gpu for this game?

Force the author to write a version that uses GPU. Many different GPUs, in fact... certainly not in a Flash game.
You know, Flash is nice as it allows single person to make games in relatively short time without knowing much about underlaying graphics engine. The cost of that is resulting app is suboptimal and doesn't utilize all computer resources. To write your own game compatible with different models of GPU takes lots of effort and a team of experienced programmers.
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Nope, you can use HTML5 + JS + WebGL, you don't have then to write for one specific GPU and don't have to know about it more than when writing in flash. Just have to learn another technology, what isn't so easy.

anexoticllama
anexoticllama
8 posts
Nomad

Yeah..It kinda hurts my cpu when running, but I don't think it would drop a single frame (even over 10k monsters) with my gpu. i7 4770k vs gtx770

anclav
anclav
2 posts
Peasant

Using standalone flash player for game helped me reduce lag a bit btw

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

to be fair, I don't think we're "supposed" to have 15k monsters on the screen all frozen on a mana farm, so the author can be forgiven for the framerate suffering a little bit in that situation.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Well, He knowed how was Labirynth and GC0 played

Keadius33
Keadius33
8 posts
Peasant

Pull up task manager and see how little cpu it actually uses I only have a I7 920 , but it only pushes my cpu to about 25% ,anyone know if there anyway to force it to use more ?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

it uses 25% what means one core. Can't force to use more.

Showing 1-10 of 10