ForumsThe TavernToys you still play with or still have.

9 3523
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Toys. The word that every child recognizes from a hundred yards away. However, even now some of us STILL play with toys or have them at least.

So what toys do you still have?

I of course have Legos, which is actually the only toy I have now that I think about it. Who doesn't like Legos? Anyone who doesn't like Legos should go live in a cave.

• 9 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I only have a Lego pirate, a cannon and the Indiana Jones & Father in a motorcycle and sidecar set with a German on motorcycle.
I haven't built anything since 2010. I pretty much sold everything I had on eBay for a lot of money. I made my own sets, took pictures of them and sold them.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I have a big 6-drawer bureau filled with legos of all kinds. All dismantled from verious sets, including a few Indiana Jones-ey ones, the NASA ones, submarine type sets from three different eras, the jungle-tribe ones, the pirate ones, at least one Star Wars thing, and innumerable outer-spacey ones. I'd probably have more if they hadn't discontinued everything except bionicle and some minor vehicle sets and whatnot.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

When I went home last weekend, I discovered an old Robie the Robot coin bank from the early 80s that I used to play with as a very young kid.

http://www.robietherobot.com/art/RobieBank.jpg

You're probably wondering why I played with a toy from the early 80s at a young age when I was born in the mid 90s. The answer is, I don't know, but I must not value money very highly, as I left the bank at home and never once checked to see how many coins were inside.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I have a WHOLE BUNCH OF STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES FROM 30 YEARS AGO. I think I have almost every person from the original trilogy.

They still have value, some are still in the box/case.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have a WHOLE BUNCH OF STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES FROM 30 YEARS AGO. I think I have almost every person from the original trilogy.

Maybe you should sell them while they have a good value. Stuff like that is worth a fortune on eBay.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

LEGO, of course. The greatest toy in the history of the world.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I discovered an old Robie the Robot coin bank from the early 80s that I used to play with as a very young kid.

I remember seeing one of those in someone's house when I was very young, and I put some coins in it and was fascinated by it. I'm amazed that I can remember it still since I was probably only about 5. I probably haven't thought about that toy in 25 years. Thanks for the brief trip to the past.
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I still have most of my toys from when i was a kid. i have a big box full of legos under my bed but i havent taken them out in years because i know i will never be able to put them away again. xp

Showing 1-8 of 9