Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The New Age of the Forums?

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 1:28pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Overnight, I've seen at least seven new threads in The Tavern alone. Besides that, I've also seen quite a bit more activity than is normal. Could this be the fabled new age of the forums? Personally, I think it very well may be. It makes sense that it would begin in the tavern, the most active place in the forums normally, and the new top forum.

What do you think about all of this? Do you really think this might be the new age of the forums, and possibly the new age of Armorgames? If so, what do you think could have caused this? Does this have anything to do with old users coming back, and the notification feature for when you use @ and another person's name? Do you think this will subside soon? Discuss.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 1:39pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,104 posts

Does this have anything to do with old users coming back

Wut?

and the notification feature for when you use @

Wut?

I don't think it had anything to do with those features. The reason I made some threads overnight is because, well the Tavern was getting dull and there were like 3 threads talking about it. So I created some threads hoping it would attract more activity.

Do you think this will subside soon?

It will if no one posts in the threads and if people don't come up with their own ideas.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 1:47pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

The reason I made some threads overnight is because, well the Tavern was getting dull and there were like 3 threads talking about it. So I created some threads hoping it would attract more activity.

I said like 7 threads were made though, made by:

@Charlie506
@69_69_69

...And you, on 5 other separate occasions. Still, there's been a spike in activity in the tavern in general, not just new threads. Anyway, in hindsight, you likely did stir quite a bit of activity, and may even cause the new age of the forums. I set upon myself to create a total of five new threads in the tavern over the course of today to stir activity. Anyone else who is with me, do the same!

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 1:49pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,326 posts

I don't notice much more activity, still seems quiet. Even if this is an upswing, it is probably best not to jinx it.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 6:41pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,228 posts

*shrugs* I just think of it as a nice coincidence and nothing more than a year.

it is probably best not to jinx it.

no u

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 7:55pm

69_69_69

69_69_69

110 posts

Jinxing always works, which is the bad thing about jinxing. I'm being really active in the forums since I've recently quit MMO games. I can't find any that aren't either dead, or boring.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 9:49pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,234 posts

Doubt it, from the looks of it the forums seem pretty silent as usual.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 10:07pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,115 posts

Ernie15 in the "What do you hate about the Forums" thread:

It sounds as if people need to start creating more topics. I'm going to try and create one at least every few days, and nine times out of ten, it will probably be a fairly stupid thread, but if it helps increase forum activity and ignites some form of actual discussion, I would not object to sacrificing a little bit of my thread-making integrity to help out the community. I would suggest you all do the same.

Posted Apr 28, '14 at 2:19am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,232 posts

Are you implying this doesn't happen every few weeks?

Posted Apr 28, '14 at 3:51am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

Doubt it, from the looks of it the forums seem pretty silent as usual.

Are you kidding man? all these threads popping up and you think its silent? This is the best it has been since forever!

Reply to The New Age of the Forums?

You must be logged in to post a reply!