Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Superstition

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 1:56pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

So, do you guys have any superstitions? I'm not talking about "knock on wood" or "toss salt over your shoulder". No, I'm talking about actual fears and superstitions, like belief in ghosts, UFOs, aliens, cryptids, that kind of thing. Do  you believe in any of them?

What makes you, if you do? Have you had any experiences with these things? Anything from believing in something almost proven to believing some random creepypasta can be discussed here. Are you so afraid of one of these things, for example, that you're afraid to even say their name for fear of death or something? Or do you just casually believe that you might see something out of the corner of your eye every once in a while?

I myself believe in ghosts and UFOs. For example, one night, I was watching the Alaska episode of Destination Truth, and when it said "Show me proof that you're here" or something similar to that, I heard strange sounds, and my lamp started flickering and threatened to go out. It seems pretty ridiculous being read, but trust me, if you experience it, it's really creepy. Anyway, discuss.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 2:04pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,110 posts

I remember once, long ago I believed in ghosts. I remember back in like Kindergarden it was nap time and I remember seeing this sheet ghost going through a wall. You know, those ghosts that look like a sheet? Anyways I don't think it was real. I was probably dreaming.

Aliens however is another story. I'm not going to say aliens exist, but I'm also not going to say aliens don't exist. It's just one of those things that were never proven. There may as well be life on other planets.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 2:26pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,096 posts

Naaaah I lack belief in paranormal activities. But I won't ruin the experience nor spoil the fun by providing scientific inquiry for those who do, because it seems more fun to keep those moments alive!

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 2:40pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

862 posts

Despite my name, I don't believe in ghosts. I have no opinion on aliens, since scientifically, they could exist far away without us ever knowing about them.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 2:51pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,508 posts

1 I do believe in the existence of U.F.O.s. They just aren't particularly interesting when they become I.F.O.s.
2 Cryptids can be real creatures; the platypus was one until some German explorer brought back specimens. Therefore, I believe in the possible existence of one or more cryptids.
3 Aliens (the not-from-Earth kind) may quite easily exist somewhere, because self-perpetuating organic molecules don't need much to get started. It's mostly a matter of time, so this is another thing I believe to be possible.

........What does fear have to do with this?

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 3:19pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

........What does fear have to do with this?

Consider this. You didn't mention Flying Saucers, Aliens visiting Earth, ghosts at all, the other kind of Cryptids, and etc.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 4:03pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,508 posts

Consider this. You didn't mention Flying Saucers, Aliens visiting Earth, ghosts at all, the other kind of Cryptids, and etc.

A fear of ghosts and the like, I can at least understand. The rest still isn't clear, though.

Posted Apr 27, '14 at 8:09pm

69_69_69

69_69_69

110 posts

Fear of ghosts is debatable. I choose to take no part in conversations about aliens or ghosts, because I don't think they're going to be fully aware to humans for a long ,long time.

Posted Apr 28, '14 at 12:51am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,534 posts

Knight

I don't have enough of an imagination to believe in anything paranormal. I would be open to the possibility of aliens or ghosts (I instinctively typed "gh0sts" thanks to the castle contest) if I were given hardcore evidence that either existed, but at this point in my life it probably wouldn't even change my outlook on things if I were to discover that something paranormal were to be indeed true.

Posted Apr 28, '14 at 1:30am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

Despite my name, I don't believe in ghosts. I have no opinion on aliens, since scientifically, they could exist far away without us ever knowing about them.

Basically me.

Reply to Superstition

You must be logged in to post a reply!