ForumsThe TavernYour thinking place

11 4164
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So as I was in the shower, I was thinking about thinking. Then I started thinking about thinking places and how people think in these thinking places. So what is your thinking place? Or what event causes you to think?

Obviously if you couldn't tell, I think in the shower

• 11 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Wait. You're supposed to designate a specific place for thinking? What is the world coming to?

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

My best thinking is done right before I go to sleep. Daytime usually means boredom, combined with my mind not fully being awake for hours, which in turn leads to mindless activities such as Netflix, PC games, or in certain cases, this forum. Due to possible insomnia, it often takes me some time to fall asleep, so usually my only real thinking time is done in bed right before sleepy time.

Then there are the texts I send in the middle of the night, when I wake up just long enough to send a text message. How absurd they all are. And I think they're so funny at the time.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Generally my thinking place is trapped within my skull

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I never think about anything else when I use my computer, or TV. My mind just stays with that screen.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I think best in the shower, or in my bed just before I hit the sack. I don't think very well in tensed, rushed, hectic situations like work. Which is a cheap lazy way of explaining the steadily declining quality of my posts these days.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think everywhere but my favorite place would be in my media room, late in the evening. I'm also at my best creativity wise a couple hours before bed.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think well and come up with good ideas in the shower. Sometimes, walking around alone and picking up the fresh air helps me think clearly too.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Whenever I'm alone. And by alone, I mean even in the middle of the school hallway surrounded by people. Nobody talks to me then, so I think about things. What kind of things, you ask? Recently it's been about glass spiders with binoculars, which doesn't actually mean glass spiders with binoculars. What does it mean? That's one of my closest secrets. So, no.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Everywhere. At home I'm known for wandering randomly because something popped up that I had to contemplate.

Showing 1-9 of 11