Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

I want to play a game...

Posted May 3, '14 at 1:06am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

We're just missing the post that includes the second 2, but the thread ID--12299071--contains every number up until then that has been discovered through the riddles so far. Whatever the pyramid post is should include the post with the 2.

>:( That's what I was going to say! That's why I asked if there were eight riddles: the eight-digit thread ID.

Posted May 3, '14 at 1:13am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

You will have noticed that he said this: Well, what is it? Do you have it? The Revelation? What is the Word?

The Revelation? From the beginning of our journey? It couldn't possibly be a reference to Revelation 1 from the first cryptic thread (which everyone more or less gave up on for various reasons).

Posted May 3, '14 at 1:27am

Gantic

Gantic

9,744 posts

To avoid wasting your time, regardless of how amusing it might be, if the Revelations in CMR were solved, that would've or may have been another clue that may have at least fast-tracked you to the right word. That doesn't preclude me from using it as secret shortcuts in future* adventures, but I doubt they will be used for main clues. (CMR isn't solely meant to be "solved" anyway. It's an experimental thread and the solution just adds another dimension.)

*Yes, I said future, but honestly, that depends on whether people actually enjoyed these puzzles.

last edited May 03 2014 01:43 am by Gantic

Posted May 3, '14 at 1:48am

Gantic

Gantic

9,744 posts

CMR isn't needed to solve this. You guys have all the clues.

Posted May 3, '14 at 1:54am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

*Yes, I said future, but honestly, that depends on whether people actually enjoyed these puzzles.

I mentioned in the CMR thread that it "depends on the payoff." Seeing as the changes are going to show up in the next few weeks and we still don't have a goal or incentive to act (rather than naive curiosity and ambition), I could always just hang out for a few weeks and see what happens, rather than put my brain through a "Ropes" course trying to solve multi-dimensional logic puzzles. Some form of reward or recognition is in order that won't automatically apply to everyone equally.

Posted May 3, '14 at 1:59am

Gantic

Gantic

9,744 posts

Who says there isn't? Maybe the only ones who will be rewarded are the ones who bothered to participate without a reward.

Posted May 3, '14 at 2:03am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

As of now everyone is participating without a reward. It's 2 AM where I am and I'm still going through all of your quotes and I don't know why.

Posted May 3, '14 at 2:19am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

The one from the beginnings of your journey of course! How else did you get here without the word?

That's the clue we needed. Seeing as CMR was not the beginning of the journey, and Gantic kept relaying us back here for "clues," the solution is the first word Gantic posted on this thread. Coincidentally, it is also how we got to the solution.

The word is "think."

...and I've just been informed that I'm wrong. Lovely.

last edited May 03 2014 02:26 am by MattEmAngel

Posted May 3, '14 at 2:34am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

I'm sorry, but "think" fits your requirements flawlessly. It was the very first word at the beginning of this thread (which was the beginning of the journey) and it is the means by which we found the "Secret thread." By thinking.

Posted May 3, '14 at 2:37am

Gantic

Gantic

9,744 posts

The word in the sentence isn't "beginning".

Reply to I want to play a game...

You must be logged in to post a reply!