ForumsGamesSeem to have hit a wall at 1500 - how to progress?

21 5127
rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Where should I be? In games I think the highest I've ever hit was 4B xp at Y4.

I run every trait besides shielding and manalock, and if I am on a regular map I do not use beacon.

At this point should I be using Black instead of white? What should my gems look like? My map? Is there a picture guide?

---------

Also, is there a list of maps that dont spawn beacons

• 21 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It doesn't work so if you're setting a manafarm.

Zwolin
Zwolin
17 posts
Nomad

It does.

I play manafarming with mana lock at 3 - Haven't gone for 7 yet.
With initial 20k mana I an make decent manafarming gem decent killing gem ( first always WY because I start at with pool lvl 11 or so ) put in the trap for good with bolt so it ignores armor when in trap ( security in case something gets through ) and I still have enough mana to enrage monsters so they do not get killed for first 5 waves while I wait for mana to unlock.

You can do it. Also 70% less dmg isn't really that bad. Monsters will have 33% more effective hp.... a joke compared to enraging to e18-27 hp :P

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

You can do it. Also 70% less dmg isn't really that bad. Monsters will have 33% more effective hp.... a joke compared to enraging to e18-27 hp :P

I don't think that you're calculating it right...70% less dmg means that a hit that normally does 100 damage will be reduced by 70% and do 30 damage.

Therefore, a 70% damage reduction equates to a (100/30) or a multiplication of 333.33% for health. :P While it shouldn't be hugely significant when you have a massive manafarm set up, it is a huge difference from a 33% increase (133% multiplication of base health).
danieln92
danieln92
11 posts
Shepherd

X4 is really good, but the length of track the monsters have to cross before hitting your farm and kill gem is pretty large. This means that actual XP/Real Time might be lower for those of us with weaker computers. For instance, my computer starts to be pretty slow (5-10sec to pause) around 2500 enemies.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

M5 is my favourite field (excelent path for anything) but highest XP again at X4.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Just in case anyone was curious, this is the extra effective hp you'd need to kill for each Adaptive Carapace level when hit 20 times.

Level 1: 90% damage taken, +11% effective hp

Level 2: 80% damage taken, +25% hp

Level 3: 70% taken, +43% hp

Level 4: 60% taken, +67% hp

Level 5: 50% taken, +100% hp

Level 6: 40% taken, +150% hp

Level 7: 30% taken, +233% hp ( Eg, 100 hp becomes 333 effectively)

@rrip for me now, with 6 amps, blood overtakes as early as Grade 28(poolbound not maxed) or Grade 30-31(varies on how I combine) with pool skill maxed.

Pretty early imho.

Showing 16-21 of 21