ForumsThe TavernBeing an adbot

0 2203
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

As you forumers may know, the Forums here are a magnet for advertisements, especially if there's a major sporting event going on. But this thread isn't going to be about the adbots in general. No, this will be about if YOU were in the adbot's shoes. What if you were sent here to sell? What would you sell? What would be your advertising strategy? What would your adbot username be?

If I were an adbot, I would be selling R2 cookies, believe in the deadly goodness. My username would be "R2s_amazing_poison" My strategy would be to first strike the one forum that barely anyone posts in, the Programming forum, but of course having the title as something like "I'm selling poisoned goodness" would be way to obvious as a title. So instead I would make the title something along the lines of, "Programming stuf" No one would suspect a thing.

After that, I would head straight for the forum games. Why? Well didn't you see that thing a couple months ago? It was an adbot magnet. So I would make a thousand countless pointless threads and have them all named, "Ultimate RPG". Then I would go to any random thread and start advertising my cookies in them. Why? I mean c'mon. After my massive ad wave in the forum games, people would pretty much be able to detect me. Pretty genius plan, I know.

• 0 Replies
Showing 1-0 of 0