Forums

ForumsFlash Games

GC CS : Chain Hit funtion?

Posted May 1, '14 at 9:29am

player_m

player_m

93 posts

How do it works? What the number means? Tiles? Monsters? What is the big secret of this?

Posted May 1, '14 at 12:08pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,000 posts

Chain hit can damage more than one monster with a single shot if they're close together. I presume the number you refer to is the chain hit length. It's the maximum distance (in tile units) that the shot can reach to the next nearest monster.

And could we please have questions like this posted in the big threads. There are too many little ones as it is.

Posted May 1, '14 at 12:08pm

Zwolin

Zwolin

20 posts

Monsters.
It works like this:
Gem sends a projectile (attacks)
the projectile hits the target, applies dmg, all specials.
(It seems so form my experience that It does not matter if target dies or not, the projectile (if it has "chain Hit component) "seeks" another closest target and travels toward it, hits, and the entire process starts over (yes, specials are applied to all monsters hit) and does is as many times as "chain length" is (not sure bout .something , but it does not matter for higher grade gems anyway)
There are certain limitations :
- Projectile can not "bounce" - eg can not hit a target, hit another one and than come back (each monster can be hit only once)
- There is a limit to the distance between the targets ( it seems to be 1 tile for tower attacks and much less for traps)
there has to be some testing done ( I can do it myself in 2 weeks or so ) by chaining slowing gems, trapping huge amount of monsters in one line and, using a massive chain hit gem with some sort of marker ( poision, or just enough dmg) and seeing how far can the bolts actually travel from the original hitting point.
Also It is unknown ( at least it is to me ) Whether dmg roll happens each time or initial roll applies to all hits. also I do not know if % based multi-dmg is calculated each time.

Posted May 1, '14 at 12:10pm

Zwolin

Zwolin

20 posts

Awesome, forum cuts parts of my posts...

Posted May 1, '14 at 12:26pm

player_m

player_m

93 posts

There is one conclusion?

Posted May 1, '14 at 12:27pm

psorek

psorek

452 posts

chain can travel no more than one tile from the first monster hit or something close to it - for tower shots. For traps monster has to be on the same tile on which the trap is.

Posted May 1, '14 at 12:34pm

Zwolin

Zwolin

20 posts

Hah, thanks.

I will not beat on it, but it seems towershots can travel a little further. maybe 2-3 tiles.
I had once 7k monsters in a long line and wanted get rid of them. put my chainhit gem in and decently long line was getting damaged each second...

Posted May 1, '14 at 7:07pm

ThomasSpeedrunner

ThomasSpeedrunner

162 posts

;__;

Are we seriously back to this again? DIDN'T I CLEAR THIS UP ALREADY?

I won't link the post where I have already cleared this up since a lot of you already saw it, most likely. To sum up what the post was saying, chain hit works no different than in Labyrinth. Stop telling me it works differently; it doesn't. Like, really, take a look at the length. Notice how it's always at least 1? Notice how there's always a chance for a chain hit gem to hit more than 1 target in Labyrinth?

If there's still argument on it after this, I'm going to simply allow this to go on with no end.

Posted May 2, '14 at 11:16pm

pewpewsword12

pewpewsword12

24 posts

To sum up what the post was saying, chain hit works no different than in Labyrinth. Stop telling me it works differently; it doesn't. Like, really, take a look at the length. Notice how it's always at least 1? Notice how there's always a chance for a chain hit gem to hit more than 1 target in Labyrinth?

No there is a big difference. Labyrinth had no limit to how far it can chain to the next monster. This game clearly does.

In this game 6.92 doesn't mean 6 guaranteed monsters will get it. if a monster is too far away. it will not chain. In labyrinth it chains ridiculously to the edges of the map. even trap chains could go long distances.

last edited May 02 2014 11:16 pm by pewpewsword12

Posted May 2, '14 at 11:40pm

ThomasSpeedrunner

ThomasSpeedrunner

162 posts

And I would assume that also means chain hit only ever hits 2 monsters maximum at once in this game? Nice try.

*goes into lurking because nobody cares*

Reply to GC CS : Chain Hit funtion?

You must be logged in to post a reply!