Forums

ForumsQuests

Dead Zed 2 Quests

Posted May 4, '14 at 8:14am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,622 posts

Knight

I reckon the High Explosives quest might be glitchy? I killed 4, and got it.

Posted May 4, '14 at 12:13pm

SoundBoard

SoundBoard

1 post

so about the furry friend quest, if you don't find him in the 40 days, you have to restart and play again.

Posted May 5, '14 at 1:36am

Reton8

Reton8

2,977 posts

so about the furry friend quest, if you don't find him in the 40 days, you have to restart and play again.

You shouldn't have too. There is an unlimited mode after you beat the game that lets you continue searching the city for survivors, supplies, and weapons.

Although, if you search every area in the city and do not find the cat survivor, then you may have to restart the game (but I'm not 100% certain on this).

Posted May 5, '14 at 10:36am

bakkart

bakkart

458 posts

I'm guessing if you can't search anything, you're not going to find anything ....

Posted May 5, '14 at 1:48pm

Jasza676

Jasza676

225 posts

I found Tough Guy very easy, on my first try I won entire game without getting damaged once. I used mostly single-shot weapons and got as much extra money from headshots as I could, and this weapons are so cool to use. At the beginning I used mostly Bow and Crossbow, after I got more weapons I used Springfield + Remington duo, worked rather nice, at the point I got the grenade launcher it became very easy as Remington + Grenade destroys basically everything.

Marksman was rather difficult, I think it is much better to use Remington only and don't use secondary weapon as it just steals too many kills, better to just reload manually and focus on getting those headshots.

Posted May 5, '14 at 3:15pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

12,213 posts

@Reton8 : The unlimited mode is separated from searching the city... once you've searched all the houses and compounds, you can not search anything else, which means that if you haven't found the furry friend during the entire search, you have to start over from scratch. =)

Also... I had a good run during my 5th gameplay and ended up with meeting a total of 25 survivors! (oO)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7067/14093064876_3697dd5a5e_b_d.jpg

And to complete it, here are my final stats after my 5th run that awarded me the "The Collection" Quest! =)
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2930/14093069256_f33bec016f_b_d.jpg

8 Quests Available...
8 Quests Achieved...
Check! =)

Posted May 6, '14 at 11:35am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,622 posts

Knight

I'm not sure, but I didn't find the feline all the way, but once I completed it, I found it (though I was not searching a survivor building). Does it unlock at the end if you haven't found it yet?

Posted May 6, '14 at 1:43pm

Erile

Erile

360 posts

I find the suggestions interesting as I was unable to ever accumulate any survivors. I failed both attempts to play the game because I went like 5-10 turns with zero survivors and then when I did find any they died instantly. It seems to me that succeeding at anything in the game is mostly a matter of luck and not skill or strategy. Needless to say, it made the quests impossible.

last edited May 06 2014 01:44 pm by Erile

Posted May 6, '14 at 4:46pm

Olinser

Olinser

549 posts

@Erile - then you need to pay attention to stats when allocating survivors. If you lost that many survivors it means you just blindly allocated extra ones to scavenging that had very low survivability and chance to remain undetected, and were probably just dropping in as many as you could.

Adding a 1/1/1 HURTS your chances of scavenging successfully.

There is honestly no reason to put more than 2 survivors at a time for scavenging, my second run I explored every area and found every weapon before the 40 day mark without ever putting more than 2 survivors in to scavenging.

Posted May 6, '14 at 9:09pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,622 posts

Knight

I find the suggestions interesting as I was unable to ever accumulate any survivors. I failed both attempts to play the game because I went like 5-10 turns with zero survivors and then when I did find any they died instantly. It seems to me that succeeding at anything in the game is mostly a matter of luck and not skill or strategy. Needless to say, it made the quests impossible.

Radio Tower should be the first thing you ever get, plus never add more than 2 survivors ( 3 searching and good melee/shooting stats if possible) to the search party. Try not to search much until you have the Tower. I did my first run with zero survivors aside from my assistant, but after following the suggestions, I ended up with 30 odd people. I don't think it's a matter of luck!

Reply to Dead Zed 2 Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!