Forums

ForumsQuests

Dead Zed 2 Quests

Posted May 7, '14 at 6:58pm

Erile

Erile

343 posts

@Olinser

Everything you said I did is still completely wrong and based on100% false assumptions about the situation which contradict every post I made above.

I had ZERO survivors because I STARTED with ZERO survivors. I had ZERO survivors because they died on the very first day. I had ZERO survivors because they died from causes OTHER THAN searching.

I NEVER had 2 or 3 survivors and I NEVER did searching except the first day.

I am retiring from this thread.

Posted May 7, '14 at 8:21pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,963 posts

Erile, are you sure you are talking about the same game? I played a very similar game to Dead Zed 2 that had survivors, zombies, and areas to search (and it wasn't The Last Stand Dead Zone). Are you sure it was not that game you are playing?

For Dead Zed 2, I think survivors can only die when searching. Perhaps you game has a glitch or something went wrong? Or if someone can confirm that survivors can die in other ways, but I confident searching is the only way your survivors will die.

Also, If you started with zero survivors or your survivor died on the first day why did you continue to play? Just restart the game, it's not like you had sunk a large deal of time into the game at that point.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you have had a negative experience playing this game. :[

Posted May 7, '14 at 10:31pm

Olinser

Olinser

546 posts

@reton8 - Yeah, he's either confusing this with another game or just lying/trolling.

It is not possible to lose survivors any other way.

I even started a new game and purposefully let every zombie hit the barricade just to test it. I didn't lose a single survivor through 11 full days of zombies hitting the barricade.

Fun fact to further prove how face-rollingly easy the game is. In a brand new game and literally not shooting a single zombie (assigning a couple survivors to shooting and melee to test if they can die there though), and you survive until day 11. Literally not shooting a single zombie and you can get over a quarter of the way through the game.

last edited May 07 2014 10:33 pm by Olinser

Posted May 8, '14 at 5:07am

ivanxxxxxxx

ivanxxxxxxx

1,151 posts

Knight

Survivors can die while searching, yes that is true.
But they can also die while playing male or ranged role.

That depends on their stats,try using survivors with weak male stats, and let the horde reach your walls.
- There will be casualties! -

So @Erile is right.

The chance that they die at the beginning are higher, simply because there aren't enough of them. As their number increases, they have higher chance to survive.

All of this is displayed in each assignation frame, chance to survive, chance to deal with threat...

Posted May 8, '14 at 9:34am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,580 posts

Knight

Well, they will die if you're overrun, but how do you get overrun in the first few rounds when it matters to gain momentum?

Posted May 8, '14 at 9:54am

Olinser

Olinser

546 posts

@ivanxxxxxxx - Were you not paying attention? You're clearly confusing this with a different game as well. This is Dead Zed 2.

In this game, the only assignment pane that has more than 1 percentage displayed is the scavenger panel.

Melee and shooting only have 1 percentage displayed - which is shooting/melee effectiveness.

I just did it a second time directly before this post.

I literally just started a new game, did not shoot a single zombie, when I found a couple survivors I assigned survivors to shooting and melee, and let every single zombie hit the barricade, repaired the barricade with what time I had from survivors killing zombies, and continued to let them hit the barricade until I lost the game (took until day 15 with repairing the barricade).

So over two games I purposefully let nearly 300 zombies hit, and I still hadn't lost a single survivor. Even clicking 'Retry' after losing just resets it to the previous day, you don't lose survivors.

Stop claiming you can lose survivors in any way other than scavenging, in this game they can't die while in the range,melee,assistant, or unassigned slots.

And regardless of the claim that survivors die.... if zombies are hitting the wall in the first few days anyway.... get better at the game. With just the terrible starting pistol you can keep a single zombie from reaching the house until about level 15.

last edited May 08 2014 10:00 am by Olinser

Posted May 8, '14 at 4:32pm

VermilionPhoenix

VermilionPhoenix

18 posts

i know I shouldn't complain but ****
I played already the 5 th this **** game and still no cat '.'
I think i should do the other first ...
although I still ****ed get my survivors killed ....
they will die even if we were on the first map ...
I finished the game with just 8 survivors in my 5th run ...
._."
and I have done my complain '.'

Posted May 9, '14 at 5:14am

VermilionPhoenix

VermilionPhoenix

18 posts

finally done '.'
.-.
the trick?
just put all of them on the search squad lol and increase chance to spot survive and remember to buy that **** radio and the thing is done lol

Posted May 10, '14 at 2:57am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,174 posts

I think you would want to prioritize Ranged attacks over melee for your search party, since melee raises the chance of them being seen (unless I totally misinterpreted that and you actually want a higher percentage, actually, I might have lol)

Anyway, for base defense, I've found the melee defenders to be a much better option than ranged, because they seem to kill more zombies than the ranged ever did.

I got markman by just shooting everything with the remington, even on day 40 you need good accuracy because you can only fire about 45 shots (didn't count precisely, but I was getting about a 80% hit rate I think) You can still have mines out, because there is a lot more than 35 zombies in those waves.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted May 23, '14 at 1:08am

Yahel007

Yahel007

542 posts

What a stupid game and quests....
Got 7/8 quests in first run, and now I have to play it again just because i wasn't lucky enough to get all weapons...

Reply to Dead Zed 2 Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!