ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Great Debates: Signup List (Round 6)

107 59944
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

If you'd like to participate in The Great Debates, then simply state your interest in this thread.
Please read the rules and regulations on the main debating thread: click here

CURRENT TOPICS:

1) Which is more valuable: butterflies or moths?

2) Is it better to believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?

3) If a car explodes in the middle of a parking lot with no one around, does it make a sound?

N.B. This is just the signup list. The debate itself will take place on the main thread (linked above).
Also keep in mind that your topic will be chosen at random!

• 107 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Well, if you'd like to talk about heavier stuff, feel free to make a thread about it, or drop me a line any time

Oh, and it slipped my mind when writing the rules, but the topic and what position you'll be arguing for will be chosen at random. So you might get the third topic, though there's only a 33% chance of that!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Ok I'm in..but is signups here and debates in WEPR, or everything here?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

This is just the signup. Sorry for the confusion. I'll make that clear in the OP thanks to our new edit function!

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I will try my hand at this...

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I have no idea if i will be any good at this... but I think I'll try. You never know, I might be good at this.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I'd like to give it a go

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Sign me up, although I won't be regularly posting. But who knows? Maybe I will.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I NEED TO BE THE 6TH PERSON

RAHH

Please.

Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

If you allow me to enter moe, I'm going to participate in this event. sign me up

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Sign me up for this mayng this sounds like ma bizzle fo shizzle.

You catch my drift? Good. So please send me a message detailing what the hell I just said.

*sigh* Just sign me up.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Alright, we have our 6 people and your topics. Please proceed to the main debate thread (click here) to present your argument.

Remember - you only get 1 post, so make it count!

@pangtongshu - An exploding car with no one around to hear it *does* make a sound
@JACKinbigletters - Moths are more valuable than butterflies
@Snag618 - Butterflies are more valuable than moths
@MoonFairy - It's better to believe in the Tooth Fairy than Santa Claus
@Riptizoid101 - An exploding car with no one around to hear it does *not* make a sound
@Salvidian - It's better to believe in Santa Claus than the Tooth Fairy

As for @Kennethhartanto and @Minotaur55 - you guys will have priority in the next round if you'd like to play.

In the meantime, I'm going to lock this thread so I don't get confused. I'll unlock it once the next round begins.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Welcome to Round 2 of The Great Debates! Sign up here if you'd like to participate. In this round, I'm not going to give the questions beforehand. After all, if you're good at giving an argument then you should be able to argue for anything.

Remember - users who give a good argument might earn themselves a merit and a new quest! So sign up now if you'd like to participate.

Note: If you got in last round, you can't play this round. Also @Kennethhartanto and @Minotaur55 - you have have priority if you'd like to play. So even if you're a bit late in signing up I'll let you in. But make sure to express your interest!

Good luck everyone, and happy debating!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Eh you know what... I'll give it a shot. I'm sure it'll be fun.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

This has piqued my interest. I'd like to give it a try, if I am allowed.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Yeah, of course! The more, the merrier!

Showing 1-15 of 107