ForumsThe TavernThe edit button

11 4029
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Behold. That button after the report button. Grey and dull, yet the most wanted thing since sliced bread. Why did we long for this? Is it the fact that countless people made countless mistakes and double posted to counter them? Or did some AG admin decide that ninja posts were too annoying when playing forum games? No matter how it came to be, we have it now. Some people will hate it. Most will love it. Some will avoid it to simply avoid change. Although everyone is entitled to their own opinions, one thing alone matters. The rule list/guidelines of AG will need changed. SOMEONE GET ON THAT!

• 11 Replies
red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Go edit button! Now if I post something embarassing! I can edit it and no one will have proof!

Roger_King
Roger_King
35 posts
Nomad

If you Edit you stink!

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I've only used it once to test it out. It might be nice to have if I absolutely need it, but that would not be very often, and I would assume most people would not use it every day. It's more of the "In Case of Emergency" kind of feature, and I think people have become overly enthusiastic about it. It's like getting excited about a fire extinguisher in a building.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I dont hate it but i think i will forget about it after today. then i will see it sometime in the future and remember it again. xp

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

There's like prob 3 threads about this edit button/ celebrating this edit button.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I think people have become overly enthusiastic about it

I agree, it seems overrated. I don't think we really need it, but if it makes people happy, why not.
Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

people should be able to turn theirs on or off

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

people should be able to turn theirs on or off

Why? You have the choice of not clicking edit or not. Being able to turn edit on or off wouldn't make any sense.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

the edit button seems nice, but it seems it took forever to get implanted here

Showing 1-9 of 11