ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Cactus McCoy 2 Save File

6 5830
miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts
Count

So I have been playing Cactus McCoy 2 for the last few weeks, and when I went to play it today, after the game loaded there were no save slots filled. I did NOT try to play any of the slots because I read that that would only make it impossible to fix. I did not delete my save files, and in fact I regularly back up my save files into another folder. I checked the both folders, and I realized that I have a "Cactus McCoy 2" folder in the cache.armorgames but that the folder is empty. I had been playing it fine for a while, and I so I can't imagine why it would be empty except that maybe before I was not playing off the .sol file, but just the online save. That online save seems to be gone now though, any ideas?

Also, games listed with "Online Save", how do they work, does it have to be the same computer all the time (this is just a general question, not about the game I am having trouble with). Because every game that I play with the online save tag, never seems to remember my progress, unlike the games that have the save where you log in in the game window and can play again from any computer.

Thanks for your help in advance guys.

• 6 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Do you have any programs running that delete your cookies? Because this is probably the case here... your save game files are stored in this way and if they are deleted, the game won't find your progress and reads it as a 'new game'. =/

Could you copy/paste your backup save game file for Cactus McCoy 2 back to the cache.armorgames folder and see if it works again please @miklothegamer? =)

miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts
Count

Sorry for the delay, I was away for a bit and then got busy.

Jonathen: I know there is no where that says log in here, but when on the game page, it says under "Related Categories" that "online saves" is one of them. That is what I meant by my second question, because a lot of games are under the "online save" category, but few have the "log in" button, or a save slot that specifically says online save vs local.

MrDayCee: I do not have any programs running that do any of that. And to trying my back-up, that's the weird thing, in my back up (where I copy all the files out of the temp chrome folder in case cookies or etc ever gets deleted) I have a folder called "Cactus McCoy 2" but inside of it there are no files. I actually keep my last 2 back ups, so that means the last time I played the game and it was remembering where I was, but when I copied the file into my back up folder, in only had a folder, and no actual .sol file.

Luckily the last quest I have for that game is not too hard to get if I don't care about getting any in game achievements, but I did wonder if anyone knew what was going on, or if there was a known issue. Either way thanks again for your help. And I'll have to start double checking that a .sol file is actually being created. If I find that it is not being created at all moving forwards with other games, I'll let you guys know.

Showing 1-2 of 6