ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78396 46147447
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,396 Replies
Ramit12
Ramit12
2,966 posts
Baron

This is just a post
To prevent a back to back.
Danger is removed.

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

poetry rules may
be different in english
than it is in french

for rymes, when the words ends with "e" the syllable doesn't "count" and i'm not sure it's the case for english, i know how it works in my own langage, not in english. the only thing i'm sure about haikus is "5-7-5"

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

16. But it wasn't a haiku this time. You've got 6 syllables in the middle. To check the correct pronunciation you can click "hear" button (a speaker icon) f.e. in Google Translate.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

I'm here to destroy
Only thing you're sure about
haikus. listen here!

Haikus also are
Syllables 3-5-3, but
for English that's short.

A lot of the languages have weird rules when counting syllables. In my language, it's mostly Consonant (or two) + vowel. So here would be a haiku!

Pas je-de ma-čku
Za-što ne-mam po-jma ja!
Ša-la Ne-sla-na.

That basically means I have no idea about counting syllables in other languages.

Rhymes are pretty simple, too. As long as the last two letters are the same, the words rhyme.
I am not kidding you, this is not an oversimplification, this is pretty much it.

Rhymes can be like Čak - Proleterijat, or Para - Komunjara.

Meanwhile English:

meat (suite), great (straight) and threat (debt). Meat Great Threat seem like they should rhyme, but they don't.

have I written too much and gotten too far off topic. Ahh, well I ain't givin' up now!

and @PLGuy, I really don't know. I though it wasn't a haiku, but then. This happened. Is it wrong, or?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

18. @sciller45 Wow it is right I learn new things every day. There's that almost not hearable syllable that I used to ignore (along with many American English speakers I suppose). It is dif-fer-ent indeed and I retract my former claim.

DiamondHunterZ
DiamondHunterZ
85 posts
Scribe

This is a post to prevent
A back to back post
Thank me later

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

20. *later* Thanks

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

21. *ekhm, ekhm*

Syllabless

Pairs until this day,
Them different chocolates.
They're three syllables

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

22. nope @sciller45, it was totally good ^^
as @PLGuy pointed out, my last middle seems to be missing 1 syllable in the middle, but counted as i do i french, it is ok.
=> xxxe + eyyy you "skip one" like for example "elle est" (she is) is 2 in poetry, even if it is 3 syllables in fact.
as for the rhymes, haikus doesn't have to rhyme, but other poem could, with different rhymes rules with rich, poor etc quality and different organisation like a-a/b-b, a-b/a-b, a-b/b-a etc
By the way
i need to post a
new haiku

Ramit12
Ramit12
2,966 posts
Baron

I am just posting
Because It has been twelve hours
Without any posts.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

25. The drought is consuming this game! We need rain! Bring on the posts!

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

26. Good *insert time of day* to everyone! I kinda forgot CT100 for a bit. Whoops.

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

26. yeah ! we post as fast as zombies ! as @abcdragon66 said, we need brains !

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

1. and we need to avoid ninjas ! oups, count reseted ^^

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

2. I see 6 minutes of gap and still ninja? You didn't use nunchaku.

Showing 70426-70440 of 78396