ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78288 45610058
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,288 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

14. You should probably ask a mod. I only recently discovered this beautiful, beautiful place. How did I not find this place sooner?

Let's see... MattEmAngel left after getting in beef with the mods.
We once counted to 100 in about 40 minutes.
The forums died down a lil.
Aaand that's it. From October 2017 onwards.

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

15. who watched eurovision?

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

16. Hey, armorplayer, you didn't let me cast my holy attack with the white coloring! Oh well, it'll be useful in the future. *Levels up from level 20 to level 22* *Gains 100 coins* Hey, where the heck did these coins come from?! They just appeared in my bag! (Note: I have been carrying a bag because first of all dragons don't have pockets and second of all we're in a roleplay so it's kind of necessary)

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

17. somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me...

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Me: I'm sorry! We didn't know that would happen... that Void was creepy, did you see that? It looked at me...

Knight: I couldn't understand why Puuvr' Kûnhqy gave me the souls of the other 11 Knights too... it just makes no sense! And did you see that? his HP just went negative for a few seconds... something weird happened there, and I have no idea what...

Me: I wish I had grabbed the Underworld Scepter... that Void... I could hear it laughing when it got the Scepter... and it literally "sank" away after it got the Scepter... *looks down at the ground where the Void was... the ground is very "dry-looking" and kinda rock-y, the ground is also very cracked... with some weird bright green and glowing liquid filling the bottom of the cracks, and the corpse of a man where the lake was (the guy from sciller45's story)*

Tenryu: I think we should leave this horrible place and never come back!

Knight: I agree. *takes the chest with the Underworld Emeralds inside. (The chest was closed when he took it. We had left it open before the fight...)*

*Then, suddenly... the Void re-appears at a distance... in all the directions except for his original position (that is, the bottom, and the entire castle had no Void, but all the other directions had it)... Then... many dark red eyes appear on the Void, and those teeth he had... and the smile!*

Me: Guys... I have a bad feeling about this...

Void: (with a very weird, faded out and kinda slow voice) Yooooou're not going anywheeeeeeeere *all the eyes look at us, and right after that, all the rocks we're standing on start falling*

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *rides Tenryu, the Knight also rides Tenryu*

Tenryu: LET'S GET OUTTA HERE! D:

Void: You caaaaaaaan't... *The castle starts falling apart, and the Void starts growing, coming after us, and many black ghosts appear, summoned by the Void... they fly after us...*

Tenryu: Knight, do you still have the Underworld Emeralds? If we sacrifice them at that tower that is still standing over there, we can create a portal to lead us out of here!

Knight: Let's do it! *we fly towards the tower, and the Knight throws the chest at it... a weak explosion... a green portal appears...*

Void: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I will beeeee baaaaaaack!

*we fly towards the portal, and it closes right after that...*

*we all open our eyes... laying down on a green and sunny field... was that a nightmare? The heat... it feels like we've been sleeping here for a long time*

*the Knight gets up... with the Souls of the 11 Knights in his pocket...*

It was real...

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

20. No. This can't be real. The Void wouldn't let us ever go somewhere this peaceful. It's all an illusion. It has to be an illusion. *I start flying, high into the sky, towards the sun, to outer space. Higher and higher, but no sign of it not being real. Suddenly, I hit what seems like a barrier, cracking it.* Ow! That hurt! But here's a sign...that it's all an illusion. *As I chant that repeatedly, not letting the peacefulness convince me, I sprint forward. Another barrier. Cracked.* Guys, we need to get out of here! Come help me break this! *I keep smashing into the barrier, making the crack bigger and bigger.*

nguyenhuyen020589
nguyenhuyen020589
8 posts
Nomad

1. Bad game

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

2. uhm ok I guess

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

3. Obvious troll was obvious.

Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.

@hirasthegamer, you should've continued.

Outside of the void, Elder wakes up, covered in a disgusting, black liquid. He tries to get up, but the liquid holds him down, tensing up like the layer of skin on the top of a warm glass of milk. He realizes that he is being dragged by the liquid down into the lake again.

Hearing his cries of desperation, the robot comes to his aid and shines a light on the fluid, which then immediately retreats into the pool.

-Oh, my. How long have I been stuck in there? It felt like years, yet not a single bit of rust on you.

The robot shows the time - barely a few hours have passed, yet he felt every moment of its embrace.

Elder looks around. There is no sign of a lake, other than that pool. He sees bubbles coming from the black fluid and it pulsating and tensing up. It was obvious. Someone was stuck inside.

He started running away and dug with his hands through a mound of dirt on his way. He went and collected all the fireflies in the lantern into one single lantern glowing a meek light, albeit stronger than the light from every lantern glowed in that castle.

He held the lantern firmly in his hand and the robot firmly in the other (its light shining brightly) and stepped on the edge of the dark place.

-This is it. Time to enter the void. He says while he steps off, into the void.

--------

Somewhere in the countryside, a slime wakes up a man in woven clothing. He smells the fresh, countryside air

- I know this. This isn't real. Just the void's trap.

The man opens his eyes. Everything is the same, but wrong. The sun moves much faster across the sky than usual. The man feels ripples along the whole place. He runs across the countryside, moving closer and closer to the source of the ripples.

The sun sets beneath the horizon and reveals a dark, starless sky. His lantern nearly gets blinded by the darkness and the metal man gets covered in darkness. But a glint of light remains in the metal man's eyes.

- "fireflies" he hears someone say.

The man, blinded by the darkness and only following the ripples, is lifted off the ground. It seems as if the dark liquid got denser. The man opens up his lantern and his fireflies float up to the skies and become stars for a while, before coming down and entering the man's body.

Light flashes out of every orifice of his body. Elder rises above the clouds and sees the trapped persons. His light flashes brighter and as his light descends below to the people, he says.

- This unholy place fears one thing. Light. Heat, fire and rage it uses to its advantage. For light is the only escape! You must follow the light!

Then, the darkness comes over him, battling him as the light flickers. Fireflies escape from his body and go up to the sky, making a path from the stars. With his last breath, he says:

- Follow the light!

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

4. *A voice can be heard in the distance.* "Follow the light." Am I hearing things? I'm busy right now. *Smashes into the barrier one last time and it shatters. Not the whole thing, just a small part. All I can see is darkness, then an eye. A huge dark red eye opened.* I was right. And I have a feeling that voice said the same thing about this place. "Follow the light." *I take out the white coloring from my bag and apply it in a way that it looks like stars on my body. As I start shining, I say* I. am. the. LIGHT!!!! *I become a huge ball of light that is quickly expanding. Soon rays of light break out of me, smashing into the barrier and breaking it completely. Other rays hit the void surrounding us. It screams and fades away into nothing.*

Ntech
Ntech
257 posts
Shepherd

5. Deo Gratias!

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

7. welp I will learn my mistake I hope...

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Me: What's even happening here? I think the Void is more powerful than we expected! I don't think this is over... we're still not back yet, are we? *sees a sheep, and walks close to it*

Tenryu: Erm, I don't think that is a good idea...

*gets closer to the sheep... its bleat... it is not a normal sound... it's very creepy and kinda slow and doesn't sound quite natural, just like the Void's voice*

Me: I'm afraid...

*some wind blows, and its blowing sound sounds like it's saying "ruuuuuuun... ruuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnn", and as it blows, the grass becomes a little bit red-ish*

Me: We're not in the Underworld anymore, the Underworld has a bright green aura, this place's aura is dark red... but this is also not the regular, usual Void... the usual Void is dark-purple-blackish... we don't even know where we are... (what is even the name of this Void?)

*it starts raining, even though there are no clouds anywhere nearby... and the place starts being flooded... the water level is rising...*

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

9. How is this happening? I thought I drove the void away... Or is it everywhere, in the grass, in the wind, in the sheep, in the rain...Well, I just wasted my white coloring. There's nowhere else to go. The void will find us. If we kill it, it will just return. There is no escape. *The water rises up to my knees.* There's nowhere the void won't follow us. *The water rises up to my wings.* Wait. There's one place I know where the void can't find us. I can take you there if you don't mind becoming insane. *The water rises to my neck.* It seems to be our only option. I'll say the words to take us there. *As I'm almost submerged in water, I say* This sentence is a lie. *The world becomes inverted and twisted. Colors flash randomly and everything is merely a blob of color. Suddenly, everything becomes normal. Well, not normal actually. Not normal at all. Everything is weird, people and animals flash with rainbow colors, and there isn't very much gravity.* Everyone, welcome to Paradox World. This is the one place the Void can't come, because, well, it just doesn't make any sense here. It drives the Void absolutely crazy, so it wouldn't dare enter this world.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Me: Paradox World? *A message appears to me "Location Discovered!"* YAY! *checks the Locations Tab "Hidden Locations Found: 3/45"* Hmmm... That Underworld Castle was one, this place is another one... Hmmm... THE VOID IS CONSIDERED A HIDDEN LOCATION AS WELL! It's literally... another location like most of them... but inside a monster... cool!

Knight: These colored and rainbow-flashing animals look cool! And the lack of gravity... I feel stronger!

Tenryu: I just wish we had actually killed that Void... I was wondering what the Underworld Scepter did *he starts having a vision*

*in his vision: "In an ancient world filled with magic and wizardry...
...3 wizards were getting involved with Dark Magic...
...one day, in one of their rituals, they tried to create a monster to dominate the world for them...
...the ritual was a success, but the monster was stronger than they expected...
...it went out of control, a Void dominated their world...
..."light hurtssssss" said the Void...
..."my personal world, thaaaat's where I take my regeneraaaation from"...
..."my eyes... they can see youuuu!"... (the vision suddenly stops)*

Tenryu: that's it! we have to destroy his personal world... and hit him in the eyes! with light!

Me: what? you don't want to go back there and fight him, do you?

Knight: erm, how could we possibly destroy A WORLD by the way?

*The Void tries to get in the Paradox World, but as soon as he starts to get in, he becomes a paradox... he can't be a monster AND a world at the same time... his world simply disappears inside him... and that causes him to retreat and leave this world alone*

Tenryu: there. he can't regenerate anymore. his eyes are "hidden" within himself, that makes them almost impossible to reach, but we can use the 4th dimension to attack him. There's nowhere he can hide there, so, what do you say? Do you want to see what another plane of Existence looks like?

Showing 71881-71895 of 78288