Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: This is a dog. ARF!
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 32 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
31. 100! - 78 pages / 21 days. Sep 2, '17 at 12:15pm, 10 users, 13 hours 47 mins.
LordLazyLeopard, Hellica, Chryosten (3), Majestic_Fish , kalisenpai , Coral42, PLGuy (1), Hardstrike , DiamondHunterZ, helpo1 (9)
32. 100! - 43 pages / 26 days. Sept 28, '17 at 4:25pm, 17 users, 6 days 22 hours 18 mins.
helpo1 (10), Chryosten (3), kalisenpai , PLGuy (1), armorplayergc , oyaji3211, catlover192, KatPryde , Majestic_Fish , Hardstrike , DiamondHunterZ , Swarmlord2 , Anatheron, LordLazyLeopard , GhostOfMatrix, Eldunari17 (1), zdrk 
- 70,638 Replies
33. There's a really cool yt video where they perfectly recreate and 3-d print a key from a picture of it. It's kinda scary when you think about, though. I'll see if I can find it.
(34) recreating a key from a picture? ö.ô
good thing I'm just a random person whom almost nobody knows in real life, with no money or political importance. my chances of getting my keys copied are low then
35. Yeah that is pretty scary come to think of it. Was it made precisely enough to fit the lock of the key shown in the photo?
36. Probably, but we don't have to worry, as apgc said
I'm just a random person whom almost nobody knows in real life, with no money or political importance
We aren't that important to get ouy Keys copied.
37. Burglars with 3D printers will be a nuisance in the future I'm sure.
38. In the far future. If they had so much money to have a 3d printer why still steal stuff?
39. Because in the future, money still will be important, tho. And maybe they'll steal the plans of the things they want to craft idk
40. It shouldn't be a very expensive device. Not cheap like normal printers because, the technology is just much more sophisticated, but it could be affordable in somewhat near future. I have no idea what are the limits now, but some day I'm pretty sure that every material could be used. And what Kali said before will be partially 3D printed and rest of the job in recreating organs will be done by stem cells.
BTW thanks Kali for this last debate, it kinda hardened my view on mentioned, very heavy, topics and I find myself looking more positively on the world around. Actually I set a resolution that the first thing I'll do after I'm bored with engineering is making a phone call to the most hard core charity I'll find and trying to jump into action :-)
41. @Kalisenpai, fallout taught me that bottlecaps will be the next new thing
042. Here's the video, it's from Modern Rogue:
43. OK so to make it precise enough using this method there should be two photos: perfect top view and perfect front view. The groove might be made "on place" so the side view of it could be unnecessary. And all of that can be made manually - no need for 3d printer, it just makes it faster. Computer doesn't scan the photo at any given moment. The problem is taking the photos. Any newbie can draw a few lines in CAD.
Much better solution is making a 3d scan of an area. Then finding and taking the key from that scan (from pointcloud) - model it and you have a perfect duplicate. Not to mention that you can be outside of the building that the key are in... Now that is a scary technology. An example of a pointcloud:
I'll just mention that smaller areas give much, much more precise pointclouds. I've been working with pointclouds so I know what I'm saying.
44. Are you a professional in the 3D business in RL PLGuy?
45. Yup, it's definitely quite scary. I thought it could be replaced by some form of cards. Though now that I think about it, they are worse since they could probably be scanned, especially if it would have some sort of card reading system. Which could be solved by placing a protective layer over the strip. One that doesn't degrade easily. Bah, nevermind, I'm going to sleep. But not before refreshing, phew.
I seriously doubt that anyone would make a 3D scan of an area, JUST to duplicate a key or few.
46. @PHLHimself Yes I was studying engineering and I work in CAD programs. The dragon is one of the 3D models I made from a pointcloud - it was a plastic toy.
@sciller45 in pointclouds made with 3d scanners that we can use today it's almost impossible to find a key if it isn't scanned very near. I agree the cards might be safety solution - not possible to 3D scan but as you said the active part of the card could be somehow scanned if not properly protected.
47. I'm intrested in learning some 3D modeling myself, if I just had the time...
You must be logged in to post a reply!