ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78396 46133967
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,396 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

8. ^ Maybe winning a count to 100 would be a nice addition?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

009. That was supposed to say Wall of Text but I made the font size too large.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

10. @PLGuy, okay, that was way too much info XD.
First of all, I'd like to clarify that I don't want people to die because they're poor. Maybe I sounded cruel in my first post

developed countries are today instead of giving fish, giving the fishing rod

Wouldn't this contribute to overpopulation? For instance, look at Africa: its harsh conditions (weather, natural lack of water, diseases...) make it hard to survive in it. Africa's problems (nowadays problems) come from when it was colonised (is that the word?) by Europeans. When the "helped" them with vaccines against the common diseases there, more African people survived and, therefore, their population increased. This, by itslef wouldn't be a great deal.
The thing is that Africa was well-balanced before the vaccines things: you couldn't produce much food, but as not so many people survived, it wasn´t a problem. All the people had access to food. When the population increased, the production of food didn't and, therefore, people started to starve (which is the problem now).
Now, my point is that if people survive, the need of food will increase. However, there is a limit in the food production.
Instead of wasting money people also can put it into technologies that provide food (and other resources) and better existence on the whole.

We'll reach a point in which there will not be enough food, unless you invent something that creates food out of nothing. I'm not sure if that's even possible, to be honest.

Being smart is a very wide concept, don't you think? "I'm smart, because I know every single word in Klingon language and I'm nothing." Said once a nerdy nerd.

I wasn't thinking on that kind of smart people, tho XD
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

11. @kalisenpai I answered before that extending food production and keeping the optimal natality are two solutions that are being implemented in Third World countries.

When family is very poor it often includes many children. In Third World countries that is often caused by seeing an opportunity: bigger family = more hands to work. The problem is that it often gets out of control. To implement "keeping the optimal natality" there is family life education that teaches to ... keep the balance in the number of children.

Wouldn't this contribute to overpopulation? For instance, look at Africa: its harsh conditions (weather, natural lack of water, diseases...) make it hard to survive in it. Africa's problems (nowadays problems) come from when it was colonised (is that the word?) by Europeans. When the "helped" them with vaccines against the common diseases there, more African people survived and, therefore, their population increased. This, by itslef wouldn't be a great deal.

When Africa was being colonised by Europeans enormous number of people were taken into slavery. It's kinda recent that we really help them. Overall conditions of living are getting better so more people survive. New type of virus kills people - developed countries make vaccines and help to save as many people as possible. That's how it works - there's problem so people try to find out the solution.

We'll reach a point in which there will not be enough food, unless you invent something that creates food out of nothing. I'm not sure if that's even possible, to be honest.

Making something out of literally nothing is most certainly impossible. By 2050 there should be 60 to 100% more production of crops even if the number of people should grow by about 2/7 ( estimations ). The technology will help to satisfy this demand. Oh btw that's to the previous arguments - 60-100% vs 2/7. If the demand grows twice as much as the number of people that means that overall existence of people will get better according to these estimations. I hope that you see the relationship here. And also, can you support this claim:

We'll reach a point in which there will not be enough food,

... with any source? If you mean the finite resources of water we're talking about a long period of time. And here comes colonizing other planets with the solution.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

12. @PLGuy

I answered before that extending food production and keeping the optimal natality are two solutions that are being implemented in Third World countries.

Whoops, I totally didn't read that paragrah. My apologies.

And also, can you support this claim

Here, I know it's kinda old (and warning, it's in Spanish), but it makes an interesting point (in the part which says "Dimensiones de la producción alimentaria&quot. If there are more people, there is more need of food and space (physical space to live, I mean). So, or you use your available space to harvest crops or you use it so that people can live in it (e.g. houses). This leads us to my point that we'll reach a point in which there will no be enough food. Now, I think, it's clearer?

Making something out of literally nothing is most certainly impossible. By 2050 there should be 60 to 100% more production of crops even if the number of people should grow by about 2/7

Can't argue against this point, it's quite clear.

When Africa was being colonised by Europeans enormous number of people were taken into slavery.

Actually, I was thinking about the beginning of the 20th century (or the end of the 19th century). As far as I know (and I may be wrong), Europeans colonised Africa because its resources, but the only true slavery was done by King Leopold II of Belgium (quite horrible: here)

And here comes colonizing other planets with the solution.

Do you really think we can harvest anything in other planets? Maybe if we found sth very similar to Earth, but if you come to think of Mars (Atmosphere I don't think it'd be possible.
BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

13. Really people? We are just trying to have a nice forum games here, don't ruin it by making huge posts about poverty (regardless of how serious that topic is and). Besides you have WERP for such things. Okay

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

14. Yeah, you DO have WEPR for that. Then again, it's not like anyone's going to take their discussion there.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

15. Well, sorry if it has bothered you. It wasn't our intention in any moment

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

016. Take your serious conversation out of our non-serious space.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

17. I'll just answer last time.

1) ... and prevent a false fact from promulgating. First paragraphs: Slavery surely wasn't done by one king. Taking into slavery began much earlier, and obviously more countries than just Belgium took part in it.

2) Last paragraph: On Mars biomes need to be made to enable harvesting of the crops. Visualisation:

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/marsdome-3-370x215.jpg

But in my previous post I meant only the water that was discovered there. Nevertheless the whole planet consists of many resources.

So, or you use your available space to harvest crops or you use it so that people can live in it (e.g. houses). This leads us to my point that we'll reach a point in which there will no be enough food. Now, I think, it's clearer?

3) once again provided solutions (being implemented while we're debating on this) might prevent overpopulation, related to the lack of space, from happening.

I also apologise for disturbing your non-serious Idyll dear counters. Obviously I'm too lazy too search on WEPR for a nice discussion. That's actually the only thread from this forum, that I have on tab most of the time and throwing everything that's on my mind here doesn't seem like the best idea ;-)

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

018. Anyone worked with 3d printers here? I'm trying to get into them but they're just so expensive...

perin106
perin106
103 posts
Justiciar

19. I haven't - sorry.

I also love how you are still using the 0 placeholders

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

20. I didn't work with them. All I have to do with 3D printers is some knowledge on lectures and once I've been on "Dni Druku 3D" where many companies presented their printers. It's cool how a sophisticated (working) plastic gear mechanism was printed in half an hour. I know that this technology is working great with 3d scanners about which I have much larger knowledge and some experience.

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

21. My mate makes dental thingies with 3d printers

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

022. Dental thingies? Not sure I'd trust braces if they were 3d printed out of plastic.

Showing 68476-68490 of 78396