ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46052685
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

14. I say we should study it. It may be telling us the formula for one of the unanswered questions since forever.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. I'm resetting. There was B2B on 3-6 but for some people it is more important to point out unharmful behaviour. I mean why darn is better than daymn it? When writing darn it anybody means the same word anyway. And if the pronunciation is closer, the substitute doesn't look so silly :-P I say that passive aggressive that some people use in their posts is much more harmful for the community and this is something that I never use.

@Majestic_Fish I also did most of the puzzles with walkthrougs. And there is a guy that did all quests on AG without walkthroughs, including puzzles, and I'm pretty sure that without any form of cheating. His nick is jimmycarlos.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

so do you agree about what I said about standard in-Witcher Gwent? Nilfgaard = the most spies (I mistaken them with thieves before) + the most damage in archer row. Melee row is incredibly easy to counter when playing it. Elves are just situational and monsters are easy to counter with scorches and Villentretenmerth. I played alot when the first unofficial Gwent online was live and I basically created unbeatable by other than identical decks meta deck with Nilfgaard. From the standalone Gwent I played some beta and stopped for now.

@PLGuy Yes really. Nilfgaard's main advantage is the leader ability that allows you to take a spy from the enemy graveyard and the massive amount of medics. Monsters, well, it depends. In general they are nowhere near as powerful as Nilfgaard, which has the most control, but they are my second favorite faction Northern Realms are better than Elves and Monsters but worse than Nilfgaard and Elves are generally the worst, though they have more of a chance against spying decks (NR, NG) than Monsters due to their medics xD As for Skellige, I'd put that over Monsters and Elves but behind NR and NG, it relies too much on luck as it has the strongest card combos but no spies to get the cards you need to activate them

The standalone is far more complicated but at least far more balanced too. My main deck is NG spy but I've got a lot of decks (Skellige Kambi, Skellige discard, Spelltael, Wild Hunt, NR Machine Deck, Reveal Deck ) thank the 460 hours or so of playing (though in fact they are about 200, the rest are me leaving the game tab on and doing other things ). If you are still interested in playing, I am always on the lookout for players

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

3. Now @Yellowcat hates me? Oh no!

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

004. No, I didn't say that @kalisenpai . You are senpai after all.

On a different note, I managed to finish all the Hexa Turn levels, although not without extra double on some of them.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

5. @Doombreed I forgot to mention the medics. Decoy also works great with them. All of that gives Nilfgaard usually the biggest amount of cards in hand which leads to an easy victory. I think that only Northern Realms have real chances against Nilfgaard, but the deck needs to be really good. And Nilfgaard has to have first turn and overall be unlucky with getting cards from the deck. Hmm I'll see when I'll be able to come back to standalone. First I wanna do some more quests on AG :-)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

6. @PLGuy Northern Realms are notably inferior to Nilfgaard actually. I sat with my friend and played a lot of matches of NR vs NG and all of them ended the same way. Unless if you happen to get all the Tight Bonds down on the board and your opponent is unlucky enough to not have any scorches, which, with Nilfgaard's spies, is rather unlikely
Monsters might even have more of a chance, if your opponent doesn't have Biting Frost xD A common technique is trying to win both rounds to eliminate NG's medic advantage. In general, NG has the least amount of power because it cannot take advantage of a Commander's Horn as easily as the other factions and relies on single powerful cards (I love those Black Infantry Archers ). If you get a lot of Tight Bonds down and your opponent cannot scorch them is the only way you are going to win Monsters with the HoS leader (doubles the strength of all spies) works well too, because even the lowest NG spy can protect the Crone trio from a Scorch or Villen...Assuming your opponent doesn't pick Emhyr The White Flame to cancel your ability

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

7. Tldr. Talking about cards in the witcher?

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

8. I should leave AG for a couple of weeks in order to study more. Opinions?

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

9. We all want the good of senpai so go 'n' study.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

010. I *should* do the same thing, but I won't, because I don't care. Although, I may have trouble coming on on vacation next week.

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

11. Procrastinating is the special skill of 99% of human beings.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

12. ^ On the other hand that 1% not procrastinating is usually very successful.

@Doombreed The main problem with Nilfgaard vs NR is that Nilfgaard will always take more spies. Nilf just needs to save medics for 2nd or 3rd round to get all the opposing spies. And NR has to use them in 1st or 2nd round. I don't remember how many cards was maximum I got in one game as Nilf but it surely was huge. Monsters don't have spies (at least they didn't have before blood and wine which I didn't play) so they stand some chances with very good starting hand and a proper use of muster. The problem is that Nilfgaard doesn't need that much luck to have a better game. Also when you play a spy you basically pass a turn, which monsters can't do. Usually when I was playing Nilf vs Monsters with complete decks it was a savage. I was just spamming spies, freeze, scorches in 1st round, clearing the board and then playing own cards. 2nd round just using medics and decoys. I remember loosing some first rounds as tactical looses and 2nd and 3rd rounds were even more one-sided (props for some1 who was able to beat a good player as Monsters in this matchup). Monsters, without medics, don't have enough cards to win 2 rounds. But since medics doesn't work with muster (doesn't take from graveyard) it wouldn't change much. But I don't know if this were better chances than getting all the siege units scorched after setting a considerable force as NR. "Emhyr The White Flame" just another ability that makes Nilf impossible to counter. Nilf is just broken so it's good that they rebuilt this game in standalone version.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

13. ugh, I seriously should stop procrastinating... so many things to study for the exams, so many habits I have to change, so many things I have to learn...

I don't even know what I should try to do first .-.

*sigh*

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

014. I would suggest learning to code, Java is a good place to start.

Showing 68656-68670 of 78377