ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78396 46133685
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,396 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

8. I'm doing fine, also in college, but my classes have been suspended due to coronavirus (we're having online classes instead)

also, yeah lol, scrolling through old threads and reading old messages brings back some silly and funny memories XD

I remember having many links to funny moments in the forums, but well, first they changed the number of posts per page from 10 to 15, that broke many links, then some people deleted their accounts and their posts were gone, and whenever that happened, the links broke again

like, we are at page #5031 in Count to 100 right now, but I remember we reached page 5000 like 2 or 3 or even 4 times already XD

for example, look at the last post on page #4999, it used to be the first post on page #5000

the first time we reached page #5000 ended up going to page #3176 (took a while to find it again)

and also, what I call "The Great Ninja Fest 2015" (some pages in Count to 100 where everyone was constantly getting ninja'd) went to pages 2852 - 2858, the links in my profile say 2962 - 2968, and an old post on page 2967 says it was on pages 4508 - 4517 XD

if there were still 10 posts per page, and no one had deleted their accounts, I think Count to 100 would be near page 8000 right now

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

9. I think with your posts alone we should be at like page 7.5k

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

10. That's true, it's like he's the life support of the forum games. Speaking of which, did you ever take the throne for most counts to 100, ap?

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

11. Why are we whispering about Discord? Though honestly, I don't even use the service but my mind can't help but feel like I'm unwanted on it anyways. I know that it isn't the case but that part of me won't listen to reason. I didn't ever felt like I belonged growing up (having both ASD and ADD certainly doesn't help matters) and was treated as such, so I didn't have many friends as a little girl which resulted in constant low self esteem. However, on the lighter side of things, I finally finished Rakuen, a game I brought during the Steam Summer Sale last year. I brought the soundtrack as well because the developer's the same person who made the soundtrack for Plants vs. Zombies and did the voice of the sunflower in Zombies on Your Lawn so of course, I had to buy it and I definitely do not regret it. I cried (a lot) while playing the game but I still liked it. I stopped playing it after school started but I played it more recently to cope with practicing social distancing and self isolation. I think I'll play through it once again though so I can get the rest of the achievements (and cry my eyes out once again).

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

12. bruh I like having no highschool

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

13. I'm sorry to hear that RG, it really depends which server you're in, there are some that suck and hate people.

Also, just because there are no physical classes doesn't mean there's no school ismael as I have learned all too well recently.

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

14. I wanna become a freelance programmer lol, most classes I get are useless for that. I also think I can work more effiently at home cause I dont have to travel to anywhere and the breaks that i dont have.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

Edited by Sciller45 2 hours ago saying: Ah, s***, I added one extra zero.
15. Ahaha! Yes! Take that Amy! Now I am first post on page 5000!

Man, I have a lot of great memories with Plants vs Zombies. Specifically about playing a minigame( Trying to get the tree of wisdom to 100 yards tall) and taking a break to go outside my home to eat an apricot from the tree in our front garden.
I'll try to remember "Rakuen" and check it out if it goes on sale. Just gotta try not to forget about it...

About the discord, I never really felt welcome. Bit like a dumb idiot trying to fit in with a bunch of college astrophysics professors. Suppose it's also closer to talking in person which reminds me I am talking to people instead of Mr. Internet stranger.
That may sound bad, but it's actually good. For me, anyway.

If you ask me, Ismael, I'm glad I don't have to waste time going to and from the town, but in my experience, I just procrastinate a hellolalot more so that it's detrimental overall.

Also, anyone here use Grammarly? 'Cause I downloaded it again, and it turns out it has a tone feature. Apparently, I'm very encouraging, friendly, informal and for a moment before I used "gotta" once, forceful. I mean, come on! I- I get that I have outbursts of violence every now and then - everyone does. I reckon. But I am not forceful. And I swear to God, I will beat whoever thinks I am forceful into submission!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

16. well, we are whispering about Discord due to some... eh... stuff that happened like (1 year? 2 years ago? not sure)

also, sorry if you've never felt welcome there, Sciller, and also... why did you call us college astrophysics professors? ;-;

dude, you were always welcome there =/

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

17. Hi people I'm here again and probs going to take a hiatus again XD but I'll try and be more active in order to speed up the pace

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

18. I procrastrinated a bunch of school stuff but imma get on the grind and do it all hopefully

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

19. yeah, I don't have to spend 3 hours daily going to college and coming back home anymore, and I can also wake up almost 2 hours later (7:30 AM x 5:45 AM), and that's a huge improvement and all, BUT, yes... I've been procrastinating these days... a lot... I do watch all the classes, but it's harder to concentrate...

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

20. Finished Dutch assignemnt today, just need to get it peer reviewed, so at least I did something so far

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

21. Whispering about the discord about the MattEmAngel thing? All I know is that he got into some beef with some moderators about some discord server thing and next thing you know, he deleted his account and never returned.

This was in late 2017 just as I was going into the forums, so I don't know much.

dude, you were always welcome there =/

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. And don't take that as anything more than a metaphor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

22. I just started whispering because it's the unofficial discord and this is an official forum

Showing 75121-75135 of 78396