ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46094370
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

64. I've heard it was expensive. Something with Student Loans having to do with it, ironic.
I have thought just today about entering some MOOCs(Massive Open Online Courses). I took the Java Helsinki course (Which the proverbial they said was the best resource for learning Java) and I thought about taking a few more. Mostly in software and electrical engineering. Think they'll be quite useful as long as my plan of the future rolls out... according to plan.

Still using the XBox 360... To me it sounds kinda like the first time I heard "Yeah, I went for a budget PC build, so I took an Nvidia GTX 1050". BUDGET!? and right now, STILL!?
Sometimes I feel as if I'm lagging 10 years behind everyone else, and the gap is only going further apart.
I've only play the Stanley Parable demo, but from what I've seen, I liked it. I hope to play it someday... if it goes on sale. As far as I know, I played the game as a conformist, just following what the big guy was saying. Wonder what else was hidden in the game.

That's like the opposite of my situation. I used to be really open-minded about the games I've played and mostly, I had fun. Sadly, I don't have as much time to spare on video games anymore, so I've sort of blocked myself off to play games I know I'll like. I suppose it'll close me off to video games I'll LOVE, but I think it's a good enough deal for now.

I looked at my steam library and I found out I have 190 games... Yeesh. I don't think I've played half of 'em. To be fair, some of them were free and maybe 40% of them were from Humble Bundle.

I don't know about you, but I like long posts. I enjoy writing and reading them. Others... Yeah, sorry.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

65. I am also studying Electrical and computer engineering. currently in 3rd year, although the whole course lasts 5 years and the degree is technically a master(of engineering). I still have times for games though, although not during exams.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

WOAH! 190 games?! that's a lot! O.O

I've got 45 games on Steam, and I have at least 10 hours in 22 of these, 8 of them have 50+ hours, and only 2 games (GemCraft - Chasing Shadows and Rocket League) have 100+ hours (even though GemCraft Frostborn Wrath is at 94h, and EBF5 is at 90h)

one of the most funny things is the absolutely huge gap between my 2nd most played game (GC:CS - 124h) and my most played Steam game (RL - 429h)

another funny thing is that 6 of my 10 most played Steam games are (or were) Flash games

compared to some of my friends, I actually don't have that many hours on Steam, but I think I played more Minecraft than most of them, like, my estimate is that I've played Minecraft for roughly 5000 - 7000 hours since 2012

but like, in 2018, I almost didn't have any time to play anything at all, I only really had time in January and in December IIRC because I was going mad studying... that was a tough year >_<

now I'm in college, in 2nd year of Computer Science. I do have more time than I did 2 years ago, but well... I really have no idea for how long I'll still have time to play games, and when I play a game, I feel like it might be the last time in my life I'll be able to do it, cause you know... well... it seems that when you start working and become like, 100% adult, you won't have time to do the things you enjoy anymore... and that's slightly terrifying... :|

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

67. I used to have a tennis coach who was 30, married, with a full time job(besides being a tennis coach) and he still found some time to play games. Occasionally, he would get a new ps3 game and lend it to me to tell him my opinion and if it was worth playing. I don't think you have to quit playing video games even when you become a fully functioning adult. On a side note, funny how half the people around here study CS.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

6.... whoops, sorry, let me try again: 1.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

1. I'm not sure the comedy is helping us reach 100 here.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

2. Drat, we were close that time! Also, I'm sure I've mentioned this in the past, but I'm going to school to get a degree in Elementary Education. I hope to become a teacher. However, I feel that the problem for me with playing video games as an independent adult won't be time but money as teachers don't make much. It scares me whenever I hear on the news that schools were closed due to teachers protesting that they're not getting paid enough to financially support themselves as I wonder if that will be me someday with them.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

3. Oh boy good luck with that career :/

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

4. Well, this thread is one of the few alive left on this forum. Even this one though, is on life support. I don't see why you should help kill it

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

5. Who, me? I don't understand what you mean by "help kill it".

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

1. No, he meant us - the second team (team Mods, as opposed to team Users) who is theoretically also playing the CT100 game

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

1. I made my account in 2011 (An older one even earlier) but I only came on the forum... well, my profile says "Recently, in the middle of October 2017", but I don't think that's very recent anymore. I have heard that it was chaos. Like mods had to actually play the game to stop users from getting there. It was much more fast-paced. You could even edit posts, which sure helped with the chaos. Now though...

Elementary Education. Hey, if you can contain a class of 20 rascals (or in my school, 3), good luck to ya! I remember teachers protesting a whole month (no school) for pay-raises in the whole of Croatia. Everyone expect Catholic schools (Something about separation of Church and state).
Good Luck! You'll probably need it. Summers ought-a be fun.

sietkafta
sietkafta
75 posts
Grand Duke

Roses are red.
The skies is blue.
@UnleashedUponMankind is ruiner,
and @HahiHa too.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

3. Yeah, dang mods have to ruin everything! In other news, Lent starts this week on Ash Wednesday, and I'm giving up chocolate. (Oh, the horror!) May sound easy but not really when you realize that the drink you normally get from Starbucks usually contains chocolate, your favorite candy contains chocolate (my favorite candy is super American: Reese's), and love to drink hot cocoa on very chilly days. Going to be hard to resist it. Another thing, I love meat but I hate fish so it makes Fridays difficult for me. I do like other seafood like shrimp and lobster though.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

4. I'm think I'm going to give up lending for lent.
Seems appropriate given the name.

Showing 75061-75075 of 78377