ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46072395
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

34. I like adventuring, but I'm not in the mood for that right now. *Takes some pieces of armor and other materials and crafts a tiny robot.* Anyone want to fight tiny robots? I got a new Nintendo game today, called LBX. I assume that no one here plays it.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

36. Welp... I guess I'm the only one of us who's gonna fight Puuvr' Kûnhqy... well... I'm going to, erm, explore this place a little bit, there might be chests or cool stuff maybe?

*walks for a few minutes with the Knight*

Me: hmm... soo... is there anything to do here while Puuvr' Kûnhqy doesn't find us?

Knight: Well, there aren't many treasure chests or nice pieces of armor in easy, unproteced places, but I heard that there is a chest with a couple of Underworld Emeralds in the tallest tower of this place

Me: Underworld Emeralds? They are pretty rare and valueable!

Knight: Yes, but the tallest tower is guarded by the Phantom Gladiator, a powerful immortal warrior...

Me: That's no big deal, even immortal phantom warriors can be "defeated", they have a cooldown to be revived, we can grab the Emeralds before he revives. You need a new axe first. *takes a battleaxe from an armor stand*

Knight: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! NO!

*all the armor stands nearby start glowing with a green aura arround them. They start moving.*

Me: oh no... *gives the Knight the battleaxe*

Knight: Ghost Knights! Be careful, the more you kill them, the stronger they get!

*the fight starts. 6 of them VS The Knight and I*

Me: Hope we don't take too long to get the Emeralds and kill Puuvr' Kûnhqy! *easily slices one of the Ghost Knights in half with a single strike, a brief green shine comes from inside the armor for a fraction of a second, and his armor vanishes. The others get slightly more powerful* *after a kinda quick fight, all 6 Ghost Knights are dead...*

Knight: Let's go! To the tallest tower! *we run*

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

37. I'm staying here. Luckily my robot is remote control so he's coming with you. *The robot runs with the night and armorplayer* Hopefully there might be some useful stuff somewhere around here.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

38. Meanwhile, somewhere in the countryside, a slime wakes up a man in woven clothing.

-Man, must've been a rough night... Where am I? He says as he grabs a stick and swings it at the slime, but before he could hurt it, a little 3-inch metal man kills the slime, then stops in a pool of slime like a loyal dog.

-What's that? You lost, little fella?

The robot goes the other way and turns its head, signifying the man to follow it.

-Oh, you want me to follow you? Alright, then.

The man then goes on a long journey following the metal man. He arrives at a long-abandoned town, where he finds a poster on a nigh-collapsed wall, recruiting soldiers from "Wolvesben", "the most prosperous town since Aaron-on-the-creek". On the poster is the tower of a church, which he immediately recognises on the horizon.

- Maybe there's something in these houses. There aren't any monsters here. Wierd. A party must have passed and cleared the land. And they must have dropped some gear! Little man, can you wait here?

Then, he searches some houses and finds a helmet, boots, a mace, some food and a knapsack.

- This is really making me uncomfortable. These houses have been left in perfect order. Yet not a single person here.

The man and his little metal buddy arrive at a mine. The metal man goes head-first into the darkness of the mine. The man hesitates but gives in. His curiosity being much more powerful than his fear of the darkness...

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

39. Part 1: Necessity is the mother of invention.
It wasn’t easy to assemble a drill from the stuff I could muster, but here it is, almost complete. I made the working part from a spiky poleyn. It must have served solely decorative purposes, at least I can’t imagine a humanoid that would be able to relocate in an armour with such huge spikes freely enough to call it practical. Anyway, first I made it red-hot in my makeshift smelter and then I spinned it around, thrice for a good measure. The trickiest part was getting two appropriate cogs. Fortunately, I’ve found that flamboyant steampunk breastplate in a set with a plated leather pilot hat. It was for the first time that I appreciated such ridiculous freaks of fashion. After dismantling from the armour parts needed for my machine (and thus removing the ballast - two birds, one stone), I decided to keep it. It was quite lightweight and, surprisingly enough, not gnome-sized. That armour wasn’t placed on the stand but it lied on a floor and I can estimate that no longer than a quarter. It’s disturbing that it seems completely undamaged and yet I didn’t find a single bone belonging to its former owner. Well, it’s just another reason to leave this god forsaken place and as soon as possible.
It’s simply a miracle that none of the undead occupants heard my labour. Or if they heard, they simply didn’t recognize such noises as an easy prey, but rather an army of paladins effectuating the process of purification. Only once had I a high-pressure moment, namely I’ve seen a ghost. Its ethereal shape loomed up from a nearby wall. I acted as if not seeing it, continuing my work. I can swear that I’ve seen a frown on its face before it disappeard. Good that most of the tales I’ve heard about ghosts were well exaggerated.
I’m finishing last preparations and soon I’m taking off with my plan. Direction – the surface.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

40. You know making long stories isn't really a priority right now, right?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

41. What is then?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

42. Too bad. It goes so slow that I could write a short book waiting for an opportunity to post! I thought we could continue 3 stories and like meet somewhere at some point?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

43. @PLGuy, Yeah, that sounds cool. (I was continuing ap's story) Besides, I don't have anything better to do than to write. [Flashbacks to homework, book reading and piano practice]

The little metal man's eyes light up, leaving a trail of light as he walks deeper and deeper into the mineshaft. Suddenly, the ground starts trembling and the darkness enters the metal man's eyes.

- This is it. The end. Crushed in a mine and to be forgotten. Gah! I knew I shouldn't have followed you!

But suddenly, waves of a dark green light pulsate through the tunnels, as the tremors stop. A distortion follows each pulse going straight to the man. And with each distortion, he hears the whispering of the screams of joy and rage, and euphoria and sorrow, and bravery and terror. The man immediately realises that he is not alone. For better, or for worse.

After a few seconds of pure darkness, the metal man's eyes light up once more and they continue onward.

It has been a few hours and the man is still following his metal buddy, he feels tremors much more, but also the sound. A deep, dark humming sound that never seemed to stop. The man, after being so long in the darkness, enlightened by only the weak light from the metal man's eyes, started seeing things. At first, it started as just blurs in the vision, something reminiscent of heat haze, but they grew in detail. Some were made of green light, some dripping what seemed like blood and others whispering or passing by with clanking armour.

Apparitions, people from a long-gone time. Some gone mad and screaming. Carrying chains as if they'd been tortured, crying tears of blood and with torn clothing. At first, the man was afraid, but he knew what had happened, and may still be happening. Whatever has been here, must have done this, and someone must have sent the metal man to find help. And there's only one man to put an end to this, only one who knows, and, perhaps, only one who will ever find out about Wolvesben and the horrid deeds that have been done here.

As the humming gets louder and louder and the tremors shake more and more violently, he knows that he is getting closer, until...

He sees the light.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

45. *is close to the top of the Tallest Tower*
Knight: we're close to the Phantom Gladiator! Don't expect it to be an easy fight, there will be lots of Underfire, and he can summon more ghosts to aid him...

me: ugh, nice!

*we reach a door*

Knight: listen, I don't know what is going to happen as soon as we open this, all I know is that the Phantom Gladiator is on the other side... are you ready?

Me: yes... *feels tense*

*the Knight opens the door, and, in less than like, half a half second, a stream, a wave, a dense attack of Underfire is thrown towards us, but we quickly get down in the ground and dodge it*

Me: WOW THIS GUY IS MAD! O_O

*we both get inside, face-to-face with the Phantom Gladiator*

Phantom Gladiator: STAY AWAY FROM MY UNDERWORLD EMERALDS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *he casts a spell which makes many weapons laying on the ground hover in the air, and they get ready to attack*

Knight: Remember: the more you kill, the stronger they get!

Me: so let's focus on the boss *rushes towards the Phantom Gladiator, who takes a translucent green shield and blocks me*

Phantom Gladiator: young mortal... I have 7,000 years of practice on melee combat, you can't just *the Knight jumps very high towards the Gladiator, with his axe, very sharpened, ready to do a critical hit, and also about to get an extra damage buff for killing all the flying weapons recently... HE'S ON A KILLSTREAK!*

*a spear appears on the hands of the Phantom Gladiator, to kill the Knight*

Me: NOOOOOOOOOO! *holds his spear, and tries to manipulate it against the Gladiator*

*the Knight does critical-hit the Gladiator, in the head, with such power it breaks his helmet in half, right after that, the Gladiator gets weak and I send the spear towards his body, right after that, I hit him with the Icy-Shadow Blade as well*

Me: *phew*

Phantom Gladiator: NOOOOOOOOOOO *he vanishes, and all the weapons that were on him fall in the ground*

Knight: let's take those Underworld Emeralds!

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

46. Holy smokes, you guys. How do you write all that stuff?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I'm on team Haiku,
everything about it is,
short, small, sweet, and sugary.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

49. *My tiny robot catches up the the knight and armorplayer* Darn, I missed all the action! Did you find any useful materials? *Sees the fallen Phantom Gladiator and his broken armor.* Ooh! Can I use some of this stuff?

Alright, I'm going to try to write a lot to be cool like you guys and make some sort of sense.

In a world of technology, magic had been completely forgotten about. Robots were the most popular thing in the world. Scientists and engineers built giant robots and robotic suits for people to use in war. Tired of the humans' wars and angry that none of them believed in his kind anymore, a Phantom Mage started to outrage. He tried to cast destructive spells on the humans, but he had no power now that no one believed in him. His rage grew stronger and stronger, and it became a source of power to the Phantom Mage. Soon, the sky was black on Earth from a storm that the Phantom Mage was about to make. The humans got out their robots to defend themselves. But even the robots were no match for the Phantom Mage. They were tore apart by pure dark energy. Soon, the world was chaotic and the Phantom Mage was an evil overlord. Eventually, he let the humans live in peace, but he warned them that if they stopped believing in magic again, he would destroy the world again. One of the humans decided for themselves to like robots and still think magic is powerful. Out of the remains of the destroyed robots, they created a tiny remote-control robot.

Of course, all of this happened in an alternate universe, so nobody has ever heard about it.

By the way, I'm kind of depressed right now. There was a caterpillar on one of the plants in my backyard, and it was eating the plant. I tried to put it in a container. It climbed into the hinge of the lid when I tried to close it, so I accidentally squished it. Sorry, caterpillar!

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

50. You should have just carried it somewhere else or something, like a tree.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

51. The caterpillar,
a worm of beauty and color,
squished by accident.

Showing 71851-71865 of 78377