ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78284 45595815
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,284 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

7. *takes off Groucho glasses* So now HE Isn't here anymore? You know, I feared for my life back there! I wasn't sure if 1 centilitre of holy water was enough to hold the bugger off!

That reminds me to get more holy water.

@Majestic_Fish The sun is obviously an ally. Who you should REALLY be looking at is Mercury. I mean, he's the closest to the sun, and yet his temperatures can drop to −173 °C. Don't get me wrong, but that seems oddly suspicious.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

8. That's caused by the fact that on its dark side Mercury can't hold in heat because of almost no atmosphere. But it's the only drawback of the dark side.
And the Sun and its spawn (yes I write about you, white screen) is definitely the enemy of eyes.

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

9. I'm in a ride and I need to release my liquid waste, but I still need to wait 1:15h. Wish me luck.

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

11. Enemy of the eyes? Filthy dark-lodging Darksiders. The sun makes you cry? You just watch it. You burn its retina. What's wrong sun? Why are you black now, you coward? Eh?

Yeah. See that? I just stared the sun right in the eyes, and it turned off. Pure blackness. That's how you fight against the sun.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

12. Nah, the Sun is friend
I think I'll talk to Mars...

Hello there, Mars

*Mars* Hello, young mortal.

Erm, like, can you tell me about yourself? Here in Earth we have many doubts about you, what happened to you and things like that :/

*Mars* I could let you know my secrets, but I will let you discover with your own effort. I won't ruin the fun in learning.

Hmm... okay...
(wow, Mars is a serious guy O_O Pluto is a lot less serious )

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

13. It might be barren due to the lack of global magnetic field - which protects the surface on Earth and helps to keep the atmosphere.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

14. Adding a number before going to study

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

16. 20 days of School left. Not counting weekends and non-school days. I can't wait to be done with all that stupid c***! But 'till then I gotta hit the books.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

17. What have they done to you? Actually if you're talking about all the school books I don't mind beating them up.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

19. I have 28 chapters to study for my first final exam this Thursday. That's aprox. 150 pages!

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

20. The school books, but give me time till the end of the week. You want to break the mental bonds they made with you. That way, you don't strain your brain. And also you don't deal with the psychological stress and dilemma of hitting books as by the end of the week, they'll probably be insane.

It's like beating up a human. Horrible, right? But beating up a mental patient? Hm, I may have gone for a horrible analogy.

Almost Ninja'd by kalisenpai. Wow, that is horrible. I should probably not complain about all my studies ever again. Christ, I'm complaining about 15 pages of raw data.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

21. University can be horrible yet beautiful, indeed.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

22. Agreed. Although some efforts on university might result in hideous creations too. From the top of my head: my future master's thesis.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

24. I have 75 pages left to study. Halfway there!

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

25. I don't university, so I can't fell your pain, I'm sorry.

Showing 71761-71775 of 78284