ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78397 46177345
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,397 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

52. (R.I.P. caterpillar )
(also, don't worry, Dragon, we're still gonna defeat Puuvr' Kûnhqy, there's still a lot of action)

*we get close to the chest which contains the Underworld Emeralds. A shiny, cool and powerful-looking green chest with golden details, which also makes some weak bright green effects in the air close to it*

Me: This is it... I wonder how many are inside?

*opens the chest slowly... and we can see them... 11 of them shining inside the chest!*
http://www.my-gem-stone.com/images/emerald_many_gems_2.jpg

Puuvr' Kûnhqy (who literally just appeared out of nowhere, behind us) : hehehehe, so... you guys are seeking for my Underworld Emeralds...

Knight: PUUVR' KÛNHQY! *rushes towards him, Puuvr' Kûnhqy sends a blast of Undermagic at him, which sends him back, he hits the wall close to the chest* ouch.

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: Hmm, I think this place is too small for a decent fight *the walls, the ceiling, a small part of the floor and many other pieces of castle coming from an unknown place start to hover in the air, making many floating tiles... they are big enough to stand and fight on, but not that big. Each one of us, the chest and Puuvr' Kûnhqy go to a different tile*

Knight: Okay...

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: *summons some Underworld Archers, warriors whose arrows "explode" and deal area damage* Defeat them!

*many arrows start being shoot towards the flying rocks/castle pieces we're standing on... we run, dodge arrows and jump from piece to piece... below us, there's a dark void... or is it a void?*

Me: We can't dodge forever! Let's attack! *hits an Archer, who falls down into the void*

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: Time to fight! *an indestructible transparent green forcefield appears arround him, some green beams of light coming from the Archers converge into the forcefield... We must kill the remaining Archers to open it! Also, an epic battle/boss fight song starts playing somewhere*

*A few boss bars appear, "Archers: 8/9", "Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 66,666/66,666 (his HP)"*

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

53. Ugh, I can't stand it! I LOVE ADVENTURE!!!! *Runs up to the place where the boss battle is being fought. The tiny robot transforms into many pieces of armor that fit perfectly on me.* Alright, time to fight! *Shoots fireballs at the archers. Some of them get destroyed instantly, others are wounded.* Archers: 5/9

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

I'm new and here to count to 100!

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

1. @hirasthegamer. It's obvious that you read the rules, but watch out. You forgot the number. *sniff* and we got SO far...
Also, @PLGuy, I'm waiting for part 2.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

2. UUUUGH. Well, we can do this with the help of another counter. Also, we need to know what species you are, skills, backstory, etc. for roleplaying purposes. We didn't actually tell everyone these things directly, but for all of us, everything was built on what's happening in CT100. For example, I previously *you have to figure this out* and since I randomly remembered that, I can use that by *spoilers spoilers spoilers* in our current adventure/fighting.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

(3) AAAAAAAH! *rushes towards one of the Archers and hits him with the Icy-Shadow Blade, he dies shortly after that, and takes his bow*

Me: hmm... interesting... can I use it? *tries to shoot another Archer, doesn't get the area damage effect, but still hits and kills him with the arrow itself*

Archers 3/9

*The Knight slams his axe on a rock that was hovering above 2 Archers. The rock falls and collapses both... Archers: 1/9 *

EVERYBODY, GET READY TO ATTACK HIM! WE NEED TO DO AS MUCH DAMAGE AS WE CAN BEFORE HIS FORCEFIELD REGENERATES! *the last Archer, who was still bleeding from Dragon's last post after being wounded, finally dies... Archers: 0/9*

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: UGH! *his forcefield breaks, and weakens him a little bit (-50% attack strength for him)* >:|

*he uses a weird spell which creates 18 green big "rings" that fly in random directions, at random speeds, and that at random periods of time shoot a random (1 - 6) number of random-sized lasers which travel at a not-very-quick speed at random angles. They do medium-high damage, some of them pierce the rocks and some of them reflect back when they hit something*

Me: WHAT IS THIS?! o_o

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: Hope you like the Underlaser Rings spell

Me: we're not gonna last for a long time like that! Let's... erm... focus on attacking him? *rushes towards Puuvr' Kûnhqy, taking some damage before getting to him, then, start fighting him, dealing some damage at him*

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 61,743/66,666

Knight: this is very weird... *hits a nearby ring with his axe, which makes the ring explode in a not very powerful way, but that still does some damage to the Knight* erm... ouch?

*but then, my Dragon, Tenryu, comes flying swiftly at the Boss Battle, and just after arriving, casts his most powerful skill: Gamma Ray Burst*

Me: YAY! TENRYU! *gets away from Puuvr' Kûnhqy, to avoid being hit by Gamma Ray Burst as well*

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: What is this?! I can't move! o.o *a golden pentagram appears on the floor where he's standing on, and another one in the air above him, then, a very powerful and big white beam of light shoots from the one above, covering Puuvr' Kûnhqy, that lasts for ~5 seconds*

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: >_< *his forcefield regenerates and all those weird rings disappear*

"Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 20,791/66,666" (Puuvr' Kûnhqy is weak against Holy Magic, and his defense and attack have been nerfed by the Gamma Ray Burst)

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

4. Ha ha ha Puuvr' Kûnhqy! Now do you see the power of dragons? *High fives Tenryu* Alright, I've never done this before, but someone get me some white food coloring! (Btw I am a stupid I completely forgot about something else about me on AG!) *Shoots more fireballs at Puuvr' Kûnhqy. Wait, those aren't fireballs! They hit the forcefield and leave a cold and shadowy area of damage.* Maybe if fireballs are usually ineffective... maybe ice-shadow balls can freeze the forcefield, causing it to crack! *Shoots more ice-shadow balls, making more frozen spots on the forcefield.* I think it might work! Now hurry up with that white food coloring!

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

5 oh Im sorry...

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

6. Ahh, screw it. I'm not waiting for anyone.

He sees the light

And it's beautiful.

The man picks up his little metal buddy and sprints towards the light. Suddenly, the tremors and the hum start fading. The mineshaft tunnel's ground gets replaced by bricks. A broken wall stands, a clear line between the tunnel and hallway. The man walks over the rubble and into the hallway.

The hallway is illuminated by bulbs filled with fireflies. On each side, there are dozens of armour stands, filled to the brim with armour. Somewhere on the path, a gaping hole is visible, leading the tiniest shred of daylight into the hallway and leaving a two-man-tall mound of dirt. As he passes the stands, he hears the clanking of metal armour and a ruckus coming from beneath the mound of dirt.

Every step he takes, he becomes ever more sure that he will never take this path outside again and constantly reassures himself not to look back. He sees black spots on the floor. Blacker than the darkest void he ever looked at. He avoids the spots, but, as he goes on, the density of the spots grows and grows, until he couldn't not step in them.

He steps in the first spot. And... he knows his name.

He tells the metal man to go back.

He steps in the second spot. He knows his name.

He knows his surname, his mother, father, brother, where he lived, it all comes back.

He finds out he didn't have a rough night. He was in a party sent to examine the mine and clear Wolvesben. They were attacked by wolves and he was left behind as bait, nothing more than a sacrifice, the worst of the group.

The man wanted to know more, he started running forwards, and forwards until he arrived at a pierm and beyond that pier, a dark, vast lake. In a moment of clarity, he turned back, seeing the robot's light. Something pulled him towards it. A dash of desperation, a cry to turn back, a tear, dropped for his salvation.

But it was all fake, nothing but a scheme. Forgotten by the wolves and his group, there was only one thing left to do. Arms wide, he embraced the lake, or so he thought.

The moment the darkness of the lake touched him, he realised his mistake, but it was far, far too late. The lake had had trapped him, and there was no escape.

No matter how much he screamed.
No matter how much he begged.
No metter how much he fought.
He was embraced.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

8. Kat... please... can I borrow some popcorn? O_O

*takes some popcorn from Kat's bottomless bag and gives it to Dragon*

Me: OKAY! EVERYONE! THAT FORCEFIELD MIGHT BREAK AT ANY TIME! EVERYONE, BE READY TO HIT HIM AS HARD AS YOU CAN! *prepares to cast Supercooled Dark Matter Shards, while the Knight prepares Bleedy Axe Slam and Tenryu prepares to cast Lightning Storm*

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: NOOOOOOOOOO I SHALL NEVER BE BEATEN!

Me: YOU'LL BE BEATEN TODAY! >:C

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

9. Popcorn? I might be able to work with this... *Starts crushing up the popcorn into a fine white powder and mixes in some water to make coloring.* Alright! Now it's ready! I'll break the forcefield, you guys cast your attacks, then I'll finish him off with a holy attack! *Shoots more ice-shadow balls at the forcefield, eventually covering the whole forcefield.* It's weak now! AAAAAAAAAAA! *Flies up into the air, preparing not an ice-shadow ball but a physical attack. I shoot straight down from the sky like a hawk catching its prey. I hit the forcefield with my claws, shattering it.* ALRIGHT, GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

10. *The Knight quickly runs towards Puuvr' Kûnhqy and casts the Bleedy Axe Slam at him, which deals high damage and makes him lose even more HP over time, and he quickly runs back to avoid being hit by the other attacks*

*Just when the Knight is safe, Tenryu casts Lightning Storm, which also deals high damage (and makes lots of noise), one lightning hits Puuvr' Kûnhqy's hand, and his Underworld Scepter is launched very high up in the sky*

*Even before Tenryu is done with his attack, I cast Supercooled Dark Matter Shards, which creates a crystal of Dark Matter, at a -270°C (-454°F) temperature right where he is, and it shatters the crystal violently, breaking it in many sharp shards, even sharper than glass shards! Most of them hit Puuvr' Kûnhqy! Even I take a little bit damage from it (I mean, they just flew everywhere )

Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHAT AN AWESOME ATTACK WE DID THERE! :O *sees the Underworld Scepter still in the air... it's going to fall into the Void... no! not today! I want to see what it does!* *jumps from a rock in the direction of it*

Me: I... MUST... GRAB IT! *looks down into the Void... WOW! I can see... it's like a monster! I can see many big dark red eyes looking at me... and some giant teeth there making an evil smile... UGH!*

Me: IIIIII... AAAAAAAM... SOOOOOOOO.... CLOOOOOOOOOOOSE... *is getting dangerously close to that void and monster, but then, Tenryu swiftly comes and grabs me just before I hit it... but the Scepter fell on it... as soon as the Scepter touched the Void, I could hear the monster making an evil noise... maybe some kind of laugh... and the Void literally started to "sink down", like if it were a liquid and disappears with the monster*

(meanwhile...)

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: what... have you done? (Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 16/66,666 (still bleeding and losing some HP))

Knight: We defeated you.

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: He claimed my Scepter... *sigh* (Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 12/66,666) Take the souls of the other 11 Knights back... the more I have, the more this is going to hurt...

Knight: What?

Puuvr' Kûnhqy: Well... (Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 4/66,666) *sigh* (Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 3/66,666)... At least you don't have The Underworld Scepter! (Puuvr' Kûnhqy: 1/66,666)

Knight: WHAT?! (Puuvr' Kûnhqy: -1/66,666) *a small piece of that Void appears close to Puuvr' Kûnhqy, and pulls him in, after he's in, the void disappears*

*we get money and XP for defeating the boss*

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

11. Its been a long time since I came in here. I think its about an year ago that I last logged in to AG. All credits to my education. Now I am back for good and here to stay. Can anyone please update me of whats happened around here in the past 1 year?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

12. I'm not the best person to ask about this, for a time traveller it's too hard to remind chronological order of events. *thinking* Daymit, where did I park my time machine? Or more importantly: WHEN?!

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

13. We're not the best to ask, we aren't one year old, you should ask the true veterans.

Showing 71866-71880 of 78397