ForumsGamesHelp? GC2: CS Snowball Achievement

8 3077
jephph1
jephph1
4 posts
Peasant

Any tips? I tried the corner square "Heavy Snow" thing. It didn't seem to make it snow any more. I had a decent textile that snowed a couple times when I played it, but it's not snowing any more. I've played about 30 more maps since I last saw it snow, and there hasn't been any snow. Are they any maps with scripted snow?

• 8 Replies
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

AFAIK, no. All you have to really do is pause time once you know it's snowing, then spam grade 1 gem bombs until you get the achievement.

Snow is random, though, just like rain is. Believe it or not, this is the sole reason the achievement is somewhat difficult; you have absolutely no idea when it's going to snow.

My advice? Keep playing fields until it snows, then grade 1 gem bomb spam until you get it. I believe it's 18 gem bombs you have to throw (pretty sure 27 is for Raindrop, correct me if I'm wrong).

jephph1
jephph1
4 posts
Peasant

It's 27 also. All right, I'll keep playing. Are there any maps that snow more than others, or is it completely random?

Another question. How do you unlock maps on the "S" Hextile?

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Completely random, AFAIK.

Also, not sure if it's possible.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Nobody unlocked S yet, probably next part of the game or steam version exclusive content.

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

I unlocked S by simply beating X5. Can anyone else confirm or elaborate?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

can you post a pic please?

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

I think he means having the Hextile show up, not a playable field.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Yea, haven't thought about it.

Showing 1-8 of 8