ForumsThe TavernWhat do posts mean to you?

20 6823
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Any AG user in the Forums know what posts are and how to gain them, but what do they actually mean to you? Are they rewards? Do you feel as if you could care less about them? Is there any specific reason you want to gain more(or less for some reason) posts?

To me posts are there to basically tell the community how long you've been to the community or how active, it shows how much you are a part of the community.

Plus I wanna catch up to pang. You just wait pang, I'll catch you some day.

• 20 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Do you mean the post count numbers? If so, they are the simplest numerical value that can be ascribed to total forum activity, and nothing more. If not, I have no idea what this thread is about.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

My conscious mind tells me that posts mean nothing, and that being an active member of the community is its own reward.

Subconsciously, I have to have more posts than everyone else or else I'm not being active enough to my full potential.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Posts, they help keep my yard separate from other yards as part of my fence.
Post, a company that makes a lot of cereal.
Posts, the things that goalies stand between.

But for AG posts, I don't know, it's fun to gain more posts as long as the posts are not spam. Quality should really be the important part of making the posts, but I think it's hard to not to equate a high post count with some sort of value. Although it is more impressive to have a high post count in which almost all of your posts are high in quality.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Wait, are you talking about the number or the actual item?

For me, posts represent the amount I have disseminated my ideas amongst (how is that not a word?) those on the forum.

~~~Darth Caedus

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Posts don't really mean anything to me but sometimes I just can't help but feel the need to increase it some more.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

90% of my posts mean I just created something for people to destroy so yes.

Roger_King
Roger_King
35 posts
Nomad

My post count means itr all to me

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

They show how active I have been and how many places there are to post. If I don't post as much in a week on a daily basis, that means it's a slow week for forum activity.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

My post count is really more of a countdown. At some point in the future (at the rate I post, the FAR future), I will reach some critical quantity and the community will be saturated with aknerdity. In this moment, everyone will be as I am. Members will grow wings, and join me in flight amongst the rainbows.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Posts are how many diamonds I have in Armor Games.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

My post count means how much better I am than R2

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

My post count reminds me of how much time I have used up writing here. It also shows that I'm not a newbie, but not a very old hand either.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I like having a big number next to my name. Even if the big number was accumulated by posting in a place that now no longer adds to your total post count.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

To me, posts mean how long a person has been on the AG forums. I don't think they should mean much else than that. (Speaking of which, 100th post!)

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

In my mind more posts = more credit and the appearance of dominance over user with less posts.

Showing 1-15 of 20