ForumsForum GamesThe New World

66 13464
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

The 17th century, the age of exploration. You have been selected to lead a colony for your great nation. Survive native attacks, enemy fleets, cold of winter, diseases, and starvation. Can you led your colony to greatness?

Leader Name:
Colony Name:
Nation: (United Provinces (Netherlands), France, Portugal, Great Britain, Spain)
Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center
Population: 15
Resources:
wood: 10
iron: 10
food: 40
Season: Spring
Soldiers: 5 Militia
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Construction: none
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Happiness: 75/100
Region: (South, New England, Middle, South America, Caribbean)

• 66 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Drake Wolf
Colony Name: Freedom Forest
Nation: United Provinces
Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Region: South America

I guess I can try this.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Leader Name: Sean Deane
Colony Name: The Haunt
Nation: Ireland.
Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
Region: South America (Mayhap I can use my geographical knowledge to my advantage...)

Two civilization RPG's in one week, lets see which is more interesting.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Ooooooooooooooooh...
Two rival nations, geographically close, this will be fun!

You are both in the north of Brazil, about 8 miles apart, with Jack's colony being more to the north.

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

(you know that the United Provinces is the Netherlands, right?) You have been sent by the cabinet of the United Provinces to gain land in a new world. Your colonists step off the ships, and set up a temporary camp. After an early attack by natives prompted a wall being set up. Your colony is now a permanent one (hopefully), and your villagers ask what to do next. What will you do?

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

read what I said for Storm, minus the Netherlands part and put the monarch of Ireland instead of the cabinet of the United provinces.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Leader Name: David Jones
Colony Name: New France
Nation: France
Resources-
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Possible Construction:
Region: (South, New England, Middle, South America, Caribbean)

Can I have a piece of eastern Canada as a region, being that's where France settled? If not, I'll take New England.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

OOC: There is no need to worry I like the Netherlands and researched before I made my choice cause I didn't know for sure.

IC: I have five people start work on a harbor and five work on a lumber mill.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
food: 25
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

you only have enough wood for one.

Leader Name: David Jones
Colony Name: New France
Nation: France
Resources-
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Possible Construction:
Region: Canada

Sure! read my introduction, but again, put in monarchy of France instead of cabinet of the United Provinces

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

(At the time it would have been the monarch of England seeing that the English stole our land at the time. Also at the time I don't believe the Netherlands and Ireland had any negative relations, the only major one would be that England was in control of Ireland, and the Netherlands and England weren't getting along very well at the time... So knowing this someone from the Netherlands wouldn't have any problem with an Irish man, as long as he didn't follow the King of England... If you see what I'm getting at here StormDragon...)

I set out five to start building a harbor, five to build a farm and the remaining five to begin building a lumber mill.

I then equip my militia with their weaponry (One sword and one musket each.) and send them to patrol the wall. I also give myself a knife and give the remaining nine out between my people.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
Happiness: 72/100

Your people begin building the harbor, but your patrolling men begin creating stories about sounds they heard, making them into demons and other evil spirits. (-3 happiness)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(How long does it take for something to be built?)

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

about 1 day, so at 12:48 it will be done.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Real time?)

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

yes. But the more workers, the faster it goes.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

And you will need to write a book of laws for your colony.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.)

Give me a few mins to think of a few... (Good idea by the way.)

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

because right now, I could walk into your village, kill all of your colonists, and leave, without doing anything illegal.

Showing 1-15 of 66