ForumsForum GamesThe New World

66 13461
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

The 17th century, the age of exploration. You have been selected to lead a colony for your great nation. Survive native attacks, enemy fleets, cold of winter, diseases, and starvation. Can you led your colony to greatness?

Leader Name:
Colony Name:
Nation: (United Provinces (Netherlands), France, Portugal, Great Britain, Spain)
Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center
Population: 15
Resources:
wood: 10
iron: 10
food: 40
Season: Spring
Soldiers: 5 Militia
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Construction: none
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Happiness: 75/100
Region: (South, New England, Middle, South America, Caribbean)

• 66 Replies
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

(actually no, technically I couldn't, there are few of your mother nation's laws, such as don't murder, don't steal...

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Leader Name: David Jones
Colony Name: New France
Nation: France
Resources-
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Possible Construction:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Region: Canada

I begin production on the lumber mill, and set ten people on it. I also have my five militia, equipped with muskets and swords, patrol the wall, one at the door at all times with the other in teams of two.
My book of Laws shall be this:

No stealing, punishable by five whips to ten whips depending on how valuable the stolen object was.
No murdering, punishable by death.
No rape, punishable by death.
No assault, number of whips varying between five and twenty depending on how severe the judge(me) decides the assault was.
No damaging another's or public property, punishable between ten and thirty whips depending on the severity of damage and value of the item.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

The Book Of Law! (I had a full thing done out but it was about three pages long so now I'm using a simplified version of the book.)

Killing another person is illegal in all it's forms*, **, ***.
Theft is illegal in all it's forms*, **, ***.
Entering another persons home or property, without consent from the owner, is illegal*, **, ***.
A person may defend their property from any and all attacks using whatever means they deem necessary,*, **, ***.
Damage to another persons property, in all it's forms, is illegal*, **, ***.
Damage to another person, in any and all forms, is illegal*, **, ***.
Endangering another person or another person's property, in any form, is illegal*, **, ***.
Blackmail is illegal in all it's forms*, **, ***.
Harboring a person who has committed an illegal crime, committed within the Irish state or an extension of the Irish state or a allied state, is illegal*, **, ***.
Withholding information or evidence concerned with any illegal crime, committed within the Irish state or an extension of the Irish state, is illegal*, **, ***.
Suspicion of any person committing an illegal crime is reasonable grounds for arrest and questioning, all requests to arrest any persons are to be brought before the leader of The Haunt before the arrest is made.
Plotting against the Irish state or any extension of the Irish state in any form is illegal*, **, ***.
Treason is illegal in all forms*, **, ***.

*Every case shall be brought before the leader of The Haunt.
**The ramifications for this illegal act will also be decided by the leader of The Haunt.
***However in certain cases the illegality of such actions can be considered null and void, said decisions will be made by the leader of The Haunt.

This is a basic version and if the need arises I shall elaborate on some of the laws.

Other users can take some of these laws if they want.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Leader Name: Spike The Great
Colony Name: Base II
Nation: United Provinces
Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

I might as well join, might get ideas for my civ game.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Drake Wolf
Colony Name: Freedom Forest
Resources:
food: 25
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
Region: South America

Then I'll have everyone work on the mill.

OOC: Yes, I understand what you are saying, JACKinbigletters. If we find each other and you don't serve the English king then maby we can be allies.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: David Jones
Colony Name: New France
Nation: France
Resources-
wood: 0
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Possible Construction:
Region: Canada

Your people begin construction. Nothing else happens today.

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

Hello, and welcome to the game. did you read the introduction for Stormdragon? that's for you too.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center, Wood Mill
Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)

The mill is finished! You may now work on wood production.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Sean Deane
Colony Name: The Haunt
Nation: Ireland.
Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Happiness: 72/100

your construction is done as well! You may now receive resources from Europe, or fish! It was an uneventful night.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)

I have five people work at the mill while the others take a break. I also have the militia guard the settlement. They are each equipped with a musket, a sword, and two knifes.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

umm... the mill is finished.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

I know the five people are suppose to be working in it so that wood will be gathered.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

oh... I see. +5 wood per day.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(How's my lumber mill going? And my farm? They were started at the same time the harbor was, should they not be finished by now too?)

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

you only had wood for one

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
Region: (South)

Ok, so what are my options?

Showing 16-30 of 66