Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Kennesaw, GA: where gun ownership is mandatory

Posted May 10, '14 at 4:09pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

And yet you pull pitiful strawmen.

A Strawman Fallacy is where someone creates a false argument for their opponent that has a flaw in order to try and defeat the person's argument. As an example in these gun control threads, when people say that I want guns banned because I want gun control, then argue about how banning guns will not help, that is a strawman because I was never even arguing that they should be banned.

pangtongshu's comment was not a strawman. He took what you said and pointed out that they were in contradiction with one another. Freedom loving citizens would not force people to own firearms in order to live somewhere. While you never really made the argument that freedom loving people want to force people to own guns, you implied that freedom loving people think everyone should be armed and are using Kennesaw, GA as an example of "freedom loving people," people who force their citizens to be armed, which is a contradiction. Not quite so freedom loving.

Posted May 10, '14 at 4:13pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,091 posts

And yet you pull pitiful strawmen.

Unfortunately, saying it doesn't make it true. You are dismissing the actual argument in order to focus on this unrelated point.

Posted May 10, '14 at 5:24pm

09philj

09philj

2,585 posts

Earth calling other users, can we steer back to the topic please...

Posted May 14, '14 at 1:31pm

danielo

danielo

1,778 posts

You all know that im against most of what masta belive in. But why do you have to attack him personaly? Why cant we debate with peoples with diffrunte views (and i dont talk abouy diffrunte taste in pizza or music), without bashin them?

I belive that the "right to bare arms" was just a way to flip the bird in UK face, as they banned guns. Same as the right to hunt. It was like "you want us to listen to logical rules? Well we wont". Since then you get so used to the matter that you cant imagaine life without it. When the government try to make huntig seasons most strickt peoples cry to the sky. Same with this matter.

Now lets get hippotetic please. If for say a memberof thw community is charged with a murdur case or something like that, and flee to the city. His family and friend claim he is innocent and that the government is framing him. What will happen? Does the federal police will be able to arrest him?

Sorry in advane - i purchesed a new case for my phone and sometime the space button dosent work and letters switch places. 4giV Mi pL0X!

last edited May 14 2014 01:32 pm by danielo

Posted May 14, '14 at 5:00pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,091 posts

You all know that im against most of what masta belive in. But why do you have to attack him personaly? Why cant we debate with peoples with diffrunte views (and i dont talk abouy diffrunte taste in pizza or music), without bashin them?

Just who are you addressing with this?

Posted May 15, '14 at 1:49am

Kennethhartanto

Kennethhartanto

248 posts

I have trouble believing that they ARE doing a personal attack on Masta. a personal attack is usually the ones that lowers someone's self esteem and calling them stupid or something derogatory. They don't do that, at least from my views of their argument

Posted May 15, '14 at 10:45am

09philj

09philj

2,585 posts

I still insist that the law is a none law as people don't have to maintain a gun if they don't believe in guns.

Posted May 15, '14 at 4:40pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

if they don't believe in guns.

its hard to not believe in guns you know. =P
anyway, i know what you're pointing at... you're right.

Reply to Kennesaw, GA: where gun ownership is mandatory

You must be logged in to post a reply!