ForumsGamesGemcraft Chasing Shadows: Challenge - What is the highest level you can reach within only the F h...

17 5169
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Challenge: Reach the highest level you can only by playing in the F hextile!

Rules-

NO battles outside of F hex allowed(though F4 is allowed, can't play beyond that in E & I hexes)

Good luck! Premium will help.

• 17 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

http://i.imgur.com/tRvDJcY.png

This was at level 10.

Am now level 20. Woot. Hint: PoisonPoisonPoison in order to anger. FTW. Next skill to max: Traps.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Hmm...so no strike or enhancement spells, and only 5 skills and some lower-level talismans...

Already level 11 and it's only been about 8 minutes or so. Have 6 talisman fragments, all skills are maxed out at level 6, I get 210 additional starting mana from unused skillpoints, I have the Traps skill, and have obtained 28 achievements.

Will report back when I reach level 30.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Level 27.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

level 31....requiring 15k xp per level...don't think it's possible to go past level 40 lol. Endurance is the problem, the hp equation shoots straight up in Endurance, while it is much lower in regular waves. Thus, I only survive maybe 5-6 waves after the regular ones end lol

PS: Beacons give a lot of XP, at least it's a lot for low levels, and most have 100-500 hp, easily dealt with by gem bombs periodically.

My XP records-

F1: 74,938

F6: 52,895

Luckily, half of the maps in F have poison gems...they really are needed lol.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

First non-poison battle. Took 4-5 tries to get it right.

F4 - 103,610 xp

Level 37.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Level 41.

New XP record.

F1, 117,182.

105K of that from the tiny amount of 17 normal waves.

Who knew that poison gems are the best(with G1 chain also) for this kind of thing? It's awesome. I think if I allowed E hextile(which has poison skill), level 100 would be easily in reach, with more angering disregard for armor, etc...after I get level 50 I'll allow E hextile maybe. Or make an new challenge for that...

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

How come I can't edit more than once? Edit button disappears -_-

Anyway, Update - All talisman sockets filled.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Perhaps a challenge where you may go as far as you please, but YOU CAN'T OPEN ANY SKILL TOMES? That would be interesting to see.

Also, once level 50 is obtained, I'd be interested in hextile E being open. Perhaps every 50 levels, allow a new hextile?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Thing is, E would give poison, which is the(strange) key for getting this far in the first place. Then it'd make EVERY field open to MEGA angering because poison on very field = armor is nothing, and you can anger loads with premium, chain-poison in trap can take 20 monsters in a wave per trap, so anger G3, make a long G5-G6 trap chain-poison and rake in Xp....too easy.

Haven't continued challenge yet, I am working on a nonprem save to beat X5 at lowest level possible(tho hardest = X4 lol). Also, to show a nonprem farm if I can make one.

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

Just hit level 43, scored 169,000 on F5. not sure what happened, things just really clicked for me on that run

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

endurance gives full exp now

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

that would do it lol 51 now...........and that might be it for awhile......bored of playing the same few levels over and over........back to something a little more......more i guess lol

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

615.717 on F1 (haunting) but that was days ago.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

but you play also levels other than F hextile and the challenge is exactly about playing F only. Without haunting and fancy skills.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

than it should read:

start a new game with wizzard level 1

Showing 1-15 of 17