ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: What does "blinking" mean?

4 5922
biglou
biglou
2 posts
Farmer

"Kill a monster with shots blinking to the monster attacking your orb that would otherwise destroy your orb."

"Kill 45 cursed monsters with shots blinking to your orb."

I guess I'm supposed to know what blinking is, but I don't. Can somebody clue me in? It sort of seems like it means "traveling between your tower and the target", but if that's the case, then I don't know how to target the orb for the second one.

• 4 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

If a shot is aimed at a monster about to be banished, the shot will instantly hit the monster.(blink is like teleport). If it kills the monster then it isn't banished and you didn't lose mana.

biglou
biglou
2 posts
Farmer

Whoa. So how do you time that? Does the shot have to be in the air when the monster hits the orb?

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

Yeah. The easiest way to get those is to let a bunch of monsters get very close to the orb, then move a gem capable of oneshotting them close enough to attack and ready it with bolt for the instant socketing effect (not beam though, for obvious reasons).

NotThomas
NotThomas
1 posts
Nomad

1 Start map F1
2 Get rid of all the starting gems
3 Place a the highest level gem you can make so it is just in range of your orb and still covers the track
4 Kill all the creeps except for 1
5 Click on your gem to move it, but just hold it (it won't fire and will also instantly fire when you put it back in the same tower)
6 Let that one creep repeatedly get to your orb. He's banishment cost goes up every time he gets banished. Let him keep going around until he's next banishment will kill you
7 When he is close enough to your orb that a shot from you gem won't reach him before he reaches the orb, place the gem in the same tower. A shot will fire from your gem and when he hits your orb it will 'blink' to him. On F1, it's an easy kill

Showing 1-4 of 4