ForumsWEPRGifts from Gods

26 14504
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Imagine that God has Appeared in front of you and that he has agreed to give you three Boons,

WHAT WOULD YOU ASK HIM ? AND WHY?

• 26 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

http://www.horsenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Christmas-Present-2.jpg

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

This topic is better suited in the WEPR Forum... moving it there! =)

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I would rather prefer 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 more wishes.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Knowing the wrathful nature of god(s) and the solemn and benevolent nature of such a boon, asking for more wishes seems unabashed and very risky to me...

I'd ask him...

1. ...to grant me health and immunity to diseases (includes parasites, bacterial and viral infections, age-related pathologies etc.)

2. ...to settle religious conflicts by revealing the truth openly to anyone and playing a more active role in our lives

3. ...to grant illimited research grants to scientists! :P

... or something like that.

Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

I would ask him the reason as to why he created evil? was it for our sake or His sake and why?

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I would ask him to give me control over time and also to give me the knowledge of everything

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Me? Or just three wishes?

1) World Peace.

2) World Prosperity

3) The disappearing of all religions henceforth.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I would ask him:

1. To end all wars.
2. For him to stop hiding from us and take some responsibility.
3. For Maxwell's Notebook. (Look it up)

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

1) ensured happiness for everyone

2) no sickness for anyone

3) prevention of any sort of disaster that may potentially end or harm humanity

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

1) ensured happiness for everyone

I doubt that could be enjoyably sustainable. A lesser elation would be viewed as negative, so you'd just be getting higher and higher to the point where happiness becomes asymptotic.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I love how there are two posts in a row (nicho and philj) that ask for the removal of free will.

This is a difficult problem, curing all disease would also require a change in the biology of the planet either through the Immortal Procreation Clause or interplanetary travel, because without the checks and balances currently in place humanity will overrun the natural resources available.

I also can't see myself asking for interplanetary travel, seeing as considering the current general nature, humanity could cause some massive trouble if unleashed among the stars (read: Indian Wars).

I could see the reveal self thingy though.

Must give this more thought, be back later.

~~~Darth Caedus

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I love how there are two posts in a row (nicho and philj) that ask for the removal of free will.

Didn't ask for it. If I ask for world peace/prosperity, it would somehow mean that the magical being has somehow construed the world in such a fashion that it is possible. It's a wish, if we're going to place reality checking barriers then all our wishes will be null and void. Unless you mean the removal of all religions would somehow remove our free will? Because free will does not stem from a magical theology.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I'm not understanding why this doesn't belong in The Tavern. It's the exact same as a thread asking what three wishes you would ask of a genie, except it's the Christian god that is the one granting the requests.

And why is everyone getting upset about freewill? That was never an issue with genies...

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

wow... im so different from everybody. i have 2 reasons for not asking the above (espacially world peace).

i think it would be better to reach it by ourselves as people through understanding. it might never happen but idk... just puff and we are all in piece... it seems kind of... empty.

and the more important reason: IM A KID

1. to fly
2. to control ice
3. to breath under....no... deep sea creatures are scary... ummm... SPEAK TO ANIMALS.

GO ME WITH MY MORE FUN WISHES

Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

World peace sucks, because the world would be plain and boring

Showing 1-15 of 26