ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Movies

48 24393
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

How about trying to discuss Robocop vs. The Terminator. These two movie franchises were a great hit. And how about having a battle between them?
Anyone can post their opinion as to WHO WOULD WIN and why. And of course, the opinion must be based on - the machines depicted in TERMINATOR 1 VS. ROBOCOP 1 OR the machines depicted in TERMINATOR 2 VS. ROBOCOP 2 and so on..

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/147/f/8/Terminator_VS_Robocop_by_phobia.jpg

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/rterm-620x473.jpg

• 48 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Wat? This isn't the Popular Media forum. You weirdo.

Robocop. It's already been proved that he can kill Terminator.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Terminator, because arnold is a boss. theres no getting around that.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Let's hope this competition will survive and thrive, because the last two attempts in 2009 died trying...

What is your M.O. @akshobhya? Will this be a tournament style competition, or simply a battle between these two movie franchises? =)

Note: Also moving this to the Popular Media Forum for you!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Can you prove that Robocop can kill Terminator?

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I think Terminator would win

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Terminator has an awesome German accent. RoboCop cannot compare. He's just a guy they put in a suit and drained of his personality.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I think the terminator would win against robocop, simply because the terminator is a bit farther into the future, no?
I havent watched either of these things in 5ever, so i cant hold much of an opinion.

Until next round, then.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

If the two are battling each other then the Terminator would win. He seems more technologically advanced.
In terms of what movie I like better I would go with RoboCop. It was just a good fun movie.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

If fight mode: Terminator, the original robocop was incapacitated by small arms fire.

Other Battle threads: Terminator, because he is just awesome.

~~~Darth Caedus

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Terminator may terminate Robocop

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Can you prove that Robocop can kill Terminator?

Yes: proof.

By the way, one of the terminators got crushed by an elevator. The same thing happened to Robocop but he survived.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

By the way, one of the terminators got crushed by an elevator. The same thing happened to Robocop but he survived.

A terminator (t-800 101 model) never at any point got crushed by an elevator in the movies (first killed by an hydraulic press, second melted, third blown to pieces). I haven't seen TSCC or read any comics.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

never at any point got crushed by an elevator in the movies

Then whatever that thing is that goes up and down. One of them did get crushed by something like that.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Then whatever that thing is that goes up and down. One of them did get crushed by something like that.

It was an hydraulic press.

Also, RoboCop would need some really good cushioning to protect his human brain from the high powered impact of the T-800s fists.

p.s. that video results in the destruction of detroit since they kind of set two hydrogen bombs off in the downtown area.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Also, RoboCop would need some really good cushioning to protect his human brain from the high powered impact of the T-800s fists.

Wut? Umm ok? Robocop has survived explosions to the face. Do you really think a punch from the T-800 would do worse than that?

that video results in the destruction of detroit since they kind of set two hydrogen bombs off in the downtown area.

It wasn't that bad of a destruction if you count there just being flames.
Showing 1-15 of 48