ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Movies

48 24400
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

How about trying to discuss Robocop vs. The Terminator. These two movie franchises were a great hit. And how about having a battle between them?
Anyone can post their opinion as to WHO WOULD WIN and why. And of course, the opinion must be based on - the machines depicted in TERMINATOR 1 VS. ROBOCOP 1 OR the machines depicted in TERMINATOR 2 VS. ROBOCOP 2 and so on..

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/147/f/8/Terminator_VS_Robocop_by_phobia.jpg

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/rterm-620x473.jpg

• 48 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

The terminator that was designed to kill the heroes in Terminator 3 is superb

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Robocop's Prime Directives :

Serve the public trust
Protect the innocent.

In the video,

1. Robocop terminates/ turns the whole of the city into vapor. Since he has at least 1% of human thinking, where did the thinking go? He was never to violate his Prime Directives. But he violated both the above mentioned Prime Directives.

2. Robocop cannot take huge rounds of firing - His battery drains out. But in the video, Robocop takes rounds of firing from a Pistol, Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Machine Gun and also from a PLASMA RAY GUN and still his battery does not run out. Terminator's batteries last longer and he can trash Robocop.

3. In the Video, the battle is totally animated - which means that it MAY HAVE been created according to the wish of the Creator of that.

4. Where did Robocop get the sniper in the video and Jetpacks emerged from his body instantaneously during the fight.

5. Oh and robocop cant with-stand the effects that a future gun would do to it. It could only be able to stand against weapons of it's time because Robocop's armor was designed for the weapons of its time.

6. In that little time the hydrogen bomb should have gone off because if highly damaged it will go off quicker and in "Terminator 3" the cell was slightly damaged. The damage was very high and the cell blew in just a few seconds. In the video, since the cell was damaged to the core, it should have blown up in like 5 seconds or 1 second after Robocop picked him up.

As far as i remember, Robocop got destroyed by a 12 year old and his street thugs using weapons way weaker than the ones used by the terminator.

CONSIDERING ALL THESE, TERMINATOR IS A CLEAR WINNER AGAINST ROBOCOP IN THE VIDEO

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Since he has at least 1% of human thinking, where did the thinking go?

99% is way larger than 1%.

He was never to violate his Prime Directives. But he violated both the above mentioned Prime Directives.

Perhaps no one was in the city. I mean if you hadn't noticed there were no people in the video. Plus like I said before, the city wasn't even damaged that bad.

which means that it MAY HAVE been created according to the wish of the Creator of that.

They analyze the fighters and their abilities. What they're doing is correct.

Where did Robocop get the sniper in the video and Jetpacks emerged from his body instantaneously during the fight.

Funny how you're just mentioning Robocop and not Terminator. After all he did pull out a minigun from nowhere.

Oh and robocop cant with-stand the effects that a future gun would do to it. It could only be able to stand against weapons of it's time because Robocop's  armor was designed for the weapons of its time.

What? That doesn't even make any sense. Just because a pistol is made in the future doesn't mean a metal shield from Roman times can't be used to protect the defender. What you said right there is wrong and you're just assuming.

In that little time the hydrogen bomb should have gone off because if highly damaged it will go off quicker and in "Terminator 3" the cell was slightly damaged. The damage was very high and the cell blew in just a few seconds. In the video, since the cell was damaged to the core, it should have blown up in like 5 seconds or 1 second after Robocop picked him up.

Terminator still would have died, though if Robocop didn't survive the explosion it would have ended in a tie.

As far as i remember, Robocop got destroyed by a 12 year old and his street thugs using weapons way weaker than the ones used by the terminator.

Obviously he didn't get fully destroyed. And can you show me this?

CONSIDERING ALL THESE, TERMINATOR IS A CLEAR WINNER AGAINST ROBOCOP  IN THE VIDEO

Robocop has a higher weapon, defense, and thinking advantage. Robocop is the winner.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

How about the original robocop, where a combination of ed-209 and police with assault riffles was enough to bring him to his knees heavily damaged.

And then there is the matter of two hydrogen bombs being detonated at the same time.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

where a combination of ed-209 and police with assault riffles was enough to bring him to his knees heavily damaged.

You know, it would really be lovely if you people showed a link of this kind of stuff.

And then there is the matter of two hydrogen bombs being detonated at the same time.

I'm guessing you're talking about those little cell things inside terminator. Like I said in my last post, if they blow up, Terminator also dies, resulting in no one winning.

Also Robocop can scan weaknesses, so that's another big part of him winning. Can Terminator do that? Didn't think so.
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

99% is way larger than 1%.

Human thinking is more useful in such a situation. Computerized brain cannot think logically.

Perhaps no one was in the city. I mean if you hadn't noticed there were no people in the video. Plus like I said before, the city wasn't even damaged that bad.

Why was there no one in the city? If there was no one, there would never have been a shooting at the gun shop. And while Robocop arrived, many cars could be seen on the road. Can the cars drive/steer themselves?

Why wouldn't the city be destroyed so much? Do you know that a Hydrogen Bomb can blast with an intensity of more than 2 Atomic Bombs. Like I said this situation cannot happen because Robocop's batteries would have run out during the fight

They analyze the fighters and their abilities. What they're doing is correct.

If what they were doing was correct Robocop's Batteries should have ran out during the fight And terminator would have terminated Robocop. And also the city should have vaporized during the explosion.

Funny how you're just mentioning Robocop and not Terminator. After all he did pull out a minigun from nowhere.

View the video completely before replying. At exactly 13 : 02 mins, Robocop detects the Minigun and and also comes to know about the danger the hydrogen fuels can cause.

What? That doesn't even make any sense. Just because a pistol is made in the future doesn't mean a metal shield from Roman times can't be used to protect the defender. What you said right there is wrong and you're just assuming.

Then, we would be still using metal shields from Rome even now. Please try to be realistic. Robocop cannot surely withstand those rounds and due to those rounds his battery should have drained out just after the first shot.

Terminator still would have died, though if Robocop didn't survive the explosion it would have ended in a tie.

This cannot happen. Just as I told, Robocop's batteries cannot last the fight due to the amount of firing that Robocop took.

Robocop would surely have been destroyed if he was not restored.

Robocop has a higher weapon, defense, and thinking advantage. Robocop is the winner.

Higher Weapon?
Terminator has knowledge about all types of weapons from past to future. And he did have a futuristic weapon which was way more powerful than any other weapon in the video. He also knows to use all types of weapons.

Defense?
Exactly at 12:57 mins in the video Terminator detects Robocop's vital weak points. And this gives Terminator a advantage. And Terminator is made of the technology of the future. In Terminator 2 and 3 the shape shifting Terminators could withstand blows from every and any type of gun including the futuristic guns. Do you think Titanium and laminated kevlar can withstand firings from futuristic guns?

Thinking Advantage?
Like I said Computerized brain cannot think logically. And in the video, if you closely observe, Terminator detects things that Robocop didn't like weaknesses, armor.

NOW CAN YOU PROVE THAT ROBOCOP IS THE WINNER?

And continuing to my list,

7. How did Robocop come to know that a small explosion happened so quickly? And he arrived in seconds. He was not supposed to drive so Quickly and Rashly.

8. Robocop cannot walk so fast. But in the video, He walks so Quickly.

9. At 14:32 mins You can see Robocop wearing Jet-packs and he is shooting using a sniper which came out of nowhere. He is seen shooting and few bullets hit the cars. First of all, he is not supposed to do that. And the cars mysteriously burst into flames. This cannot happen with just one bullet. And he not supposed to destroy people's property.

10. At 15:12 mins the sniper held by Robocop also disappears and suddenly his pistol appears and he starts shooting with that.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

http://redcarpetrefs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/zzz11.jpg

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Human thinking is more useful in such a situation. Computerized brain cannot think logically.

Robocop thinks logically however. So your part about computer brains not being logical is irrelevant.

If there was no one, there would never have been a shooting at the gun shop.

True, but that means Robocop followed his priorities. He saw Terminator as a threat to the human public.

Why wouldn't the city be destroyed so much?

In the analysis the explosion from the hydrogen fuel cells isn't very big as regular hydrogen bombs.

Do you know that a Hydrogen Bomb can blast with an intensity of more than 2 Atomic Bombs.

Yes.

Like I said this situation cannot happen because Robocop's batteries would have run out during the fight

Maybe, but the only thing that did a lot of damage was the plasma gun and Robocop has withstood those before. It's even shown at the end, there's a little clip of him blocking 2 from the movie.

And also the city should have vaporized during the explosion.

Explosion from Terminator isn't as big as a large city. You did watch the analysis before the fight right?

At exactly 13 : 02 mins, Robocop detects the Minigun and and also comes to know about the danger the hydrogen fuels can cause.

That doesn't change the fact that he was in the middle of slowly climbing a building and a few seconds later he's seen already holding the minigun.

Then, we would be still using metal shields from Rome even now.

In this advanced age we use riot shields.

Robocop cannot surely withstand those rounds and due to those rounds his battery should have drained out just after the first shot.

He tanked 2 of those things in the movie. That shot wouldn't kill him.

Just as I told, Robocop's batteries cannot last the fight due to the amount of firing that Robocop took.

He's taken heavy amounts of damage before and still survived.

Robocop would surely have been destroyed if he was not restored.

So, no proof? Also his batteries were most likely already extremely low either from already taking damage or his 24 hours were almost up.

Terminator has knowledge about all types of weapons from past to future.

His arsenal wasn't very powerful except for the plasma gun, which as I'm going to say for the 3rd time, he's withstood that kind of firepower before.

Exactly at 12:57 mins in the video Terminator detects Robocop's vital weak points.

He'd have to get through titanium however.

And Terminator is made of the technology of the future.

So?

Do you think Titanium and laminated kevlar can withstand firings from futuristic guns?

Seeing it from Robocop's point of view. Yes. I don't have to explain a 4th time do I?

And in the video, if you closely observe, Terminator detects things that Robocop didn't like weaknesses, armor.

However Terminator does not think smart like Robocop. In the movie some dude was taking a baby and was going to kill it if Robocop followed him. What he did was shoot at a wall and it ricochet into the man. Plus dat marksmanship.

How did Robocop come to know that a small explosion happened so quickly?

Silent alarms ring in police stations.

And he arrived in seconds. He was not supposed to drive so Quickly and Rashly.

Perhaps he was nearby when this happened.

Robocop cannot walk so fast. But in the video, He walks so Quickly.

That's the animator's fault it didn't effect Terminator being faster anyways.

First of all, he is not supposed to do that. And the cars mysteriously burst into flames. This cannot happen with just one bullet.

Watch the analysis. That gun CAN do that it's been seen on the movie.

At 15:12 mins the sniper held by Robocop also disappears and suddenly his pistol appears and he starts shooting with that.

He has slots for weapons in his armor, especially for his pistol. I'm not sure what he did with the rifle, he probably dropped it or something.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Also Robocop can scan weaknesses, so that's another big part of him winning. Can Terminator do that? Didn't think so.
Actually, yes it can, as pointed out in Terminator: Salvation, when the t-800 determined that Marcus' heart was vulnerable to a strong punch that caused it to shut off (would that actually happen though?)

I think Terminator would be able to detect a similar weakness in Robocop involving his human brain and the fragility of it.

You know, it would really be lovely if you people showed a link of this kind of stuff.
I'm not sure exactly what to search for, but its from the original robocop movie and its right after this

Maybe, but the only thing that did a lot of damage was the plasma gun and Robocop has withstood those before. It's even shown at the end, there's a little clip of him blocking 2 from the movie.

Question, how do the power levels of the two weapons compare?

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm not sure exactly what to search for, but its from the original robocop movie and its right after this

He seemed pretty tired even before that machine attacked him. I'm guessing his battery level was already pretty low but not low enough to kill him.

Question, how do the power levels of the two weapons compare?

Robocop has survived explosions and plasma rays and neither one did a scratch. Combining the 2 wouldn't make much of a difference, except for epic explosions.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

He seemed pretty tired even before that machine attacked him. I'm guessing his battery level was already pretty low but not low enough to kill him.
He had just tried to arrest the business man, violating his 4th directive not to do anything to oscorp employees, leaving him temporarily incapacitated.

And at the end of his movie, his armor looks like crap, after never facing anything stronger than small arms fire and a pile of bricks (the bad guys couldn't shoot straight at all).

~~~Darth Caedus
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Robocop thinks logically however. So your part about computer brains not being logical is irrelevant.

If Robocop had thought logically, Such an explosion would never have happened in the end which would certainly vaporize the city.

True, but that means Robocop followed his priorities. He saw Terminator as a threat to the human public.Silent alarms ring in police stations.Perhaps he was nearby when this happened.

I do understand that he saw Terminator as a threat to the human public.
When the alarms rang, the message would certainly not have been conveyed to Robocop in seconds. And even if he was nearby, it would atleast have taken time for the message to be sent to Robocop and it would have ended in a pursuit.

In the analysis the explosion from the hydrogen fuel cells isn't very big as regular hydrogen bombs.

It isn't very big? A teaspoon of Tritium Isotope can provide so much of energy that it can meet the electricity needs of an average human for his entire life. A hydrogen fusion reaction in a bomb weighing little more than 2,400 pounds (1,100 kg) can produce an explosive force comparable to the detonation of more than 1.2 million tons (1.1 million tonnes) of TNT. If scaled down to a few hundred grams, then it can produce an explosive force comparable to the detonation of maybe thousands of kgs of TNT.Then think of two cells.

Those guns were not from the future.

That doesn't change the fact that he was in the middle of slowly climbing a building and a few seconds later he's seen already holding the minigun.

Fault of the animator.

He tanked 2 of those things in the movie. That shot wouldn't kill him He's taken heavy amounts of damage before and still survived.

He had already been damaged with many other guns during the fight. And one firing from the Plasma Gun should have done it. Even Terminator had survived damage from a heat medium in the movie.

Also his batteries were most likely already extremely low either from already taking damage or his 24 hours were almost up.

Whose batteries?

His arsenal wasn't very powerful except for the plasma gun, which as I'm going to say for the 3rd time, he's withstood that kind of firepower before.

Minigun v/s flamethrower? Shotgun v/s pistol?Plasma Gun v/s ......?

He'd have to get through titanium however.

Plasma guns can get through tanks of the future.

Watch the analysis. That gun CAN do that it's been seen on the movie.

Which Gun? The Sniper which was pulled out of nowhere?

He has slots for weapons in his armor, especially for his pistol. I'm not sure what he did with the rifle, he probably dropped it or something.

I know that he has slots for weapons in his armor. But that sniper cannot disappear in thin air.

However Terminator does not think smart like Robocop. In the movie some dude was taking a baby and was going to kill it if Robocop followed him. What he did was shoot at a wall and it ricochet into the man. Plus dat marksmanship.

Terminator was intelligent enough to foresee that if Skynet was destroyed humankind can flourish and the world would be saved from machines. It helped John Connor to breach the security of Skynet. That kind of a thinking can surely oust Robocop's thinking. I think you must watch Terminator 4.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Such an explosion would never have happened in the end which would certainly vaporize the city.

He accidentally damaged the hydrogen fuel cells. He did after all use an explosive of his own on Terminator before his hydrogen fuel cells were ruptured.

And even if he was nearby, it would atleast have taken time for the message to be sent to Robocop and it would have ended in a pursuit.

If he was nearby he would have seen or heard the explosion. Plus it's the editor, he probably did that just to begin the battle faster. Would you really want to wait for a couple minutes just to see Robocop appear?

It isn't very big?

However, your terms are not exactly the case with the terminator. His explosion is fairly large but it's still smaller than a regular hydrogen bomb. The explosion is similar to the one that brought down the Hindenburg.

Those guns were not from the future.

The future doesn't change anything. Plasma is plasma. Plus looking at the fight again, seems the plasma rifle only temporarily turn off his limbs for a little while.(for some reason I thought it was the weapon that caused the explosion) Even if it did do some damage it doesn't look like it did much. In fact the plasma rifle even seemed to be weaker than the ones in the Robocop movie.

And one firing from the Plasma Gun should have done it.

Yes because plasma, something he's tanked before with no damage, would obviously kill him.(Warning: sarcasm)

Whose batteries?

Obviously I was talking about Robocop. Did you pay attention to what I quoted?

Minigun v/s flamethrower?

I meant weapon types. Sidearms: Hard baller < Auto-9. Firearms: Shotgun < Cobra Canon(obviously). Grenade/explosive types: M79 launcher < ordnance. Heavy: Minigun < Weapon arm. The only thing Terminator won was with the Plasma rifle which was against the flightpack in special. However, he's tanked plasma rifles before, don't bring up any of that future bs either. Future doesn't change the fact he's unaffected by plasma.

Plasma guns can get through tanks of the future.

Made of titanium? And how would you know this, sir?

Which Gun? The Sniper which was pulled out of nowhere?

Yes the Cobra Cannon on which you call a sniper. Look at the quotes mate.

I know that he has slots for weapons in his armor. But that sniper cannot disappear in thin air.

That along with the jetpack appeared when he landed on his car. HIS car. He lost the Cobra Cannon when he was hit by the minigun however so he must have dropped it.

If that doesn't make sense, then animator's fault.

Terminator was intelligent enough to foresee that if Skynet was destroyed humankind can flourish and the world would be saved from machines. It helped John Connor to breach the security of Skynet. That kind of a thinking can surely oust Robocop's thinking.

That was because he already knew about Skynet and put 2 and 2 together. I'm pretty sure in a time where humans are hunted people will be saying, "Hey remember that Robocop guy? He's soooo strong." So that future thinking will not do anything special. Especially comparing it with Robocop's thinking.

There's another thing I want to point out, and the video doesn't show this but they do explain it in the analysis. Anyway, one of Terminator's weaknesses is that he's easy to hack, and Robocop has a data spike, which can be used to hack information from technology, I wouldn't be surprised if Robocop could possibly hack Terminator.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm wondering why we're debating about this anyways. This is a matter of opinion anyways.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

He accidentally damaged the hydrogen fuel cells

The Hydrogen Fuel Cells can't be damaged accidentally.

Would you really want to wait for a couple minutes just to see Robocop appear?

This is what should have happened.

His explosion is fairly large but it's still smaller than a regular hydrogen bomb.

I do agree that the explosion is smaller than a regular hydrogen Bomb. But explosion from two fuel cells can certainly vaporize Robocop's armor. By the way, when Robocop dropped his jetpack, it flew away somewhere. but after Robocop used his Ordnance, everything in the area was in flames execpt his Jetpack. Even the car on which the Jetpack was lying was burnt. And the Jetpack appears to have come out of nowhere because before the explosion, there was nothing on that car.

And at exactly at 17:33 mins, Power of Robocop was displayed to be 1% and he should have run out of power before he put Terminator on the Jetpack.

The future doesn't change anything. Plasma is plasma

You should have seen in Terminator 3 or Terminator 4. Those Plasma Rifles that were used in the war were used to destroy the tanks and other heavy machineries used by the Resistance.

Sidearms: Hard baller < Auto-9. Firearms: Shotgun < Cobra Canon(obviously). Grenade/explosive types: M79 launcher < ordnance. Heavy: Minigun < Weapon arm. The only thing Terminator won was with the Plasma rifle which was against the flightpack in special

This was because there were no special weapons in the gun shop. If they were there, Terminator, who had all the knowledge about weapons, would have chosen the best ones.

Yes because plasma, something he's tanked before with no damage

No damage?

Made of titanium? And how would you know this?

I have mentioned about this earlier in this.

So that future thinking will not do anything special

Terminator was designed to kill the Resistance. But he went against it to save humans in that picture. Please watch Terminator 4.

In the analysis, Robocop is show to have used Jetpacks. But Jetpacks can be seen prominently only in Robocop 3. If they were to do this then they should also have shown the features of the Terminator sent to kill John Connor in Terminator 3.

Showing 16-30 of 48