ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Shadow in V4

10 2749
apollyon1
apollyon1
2 posts
Nomad

I'm having a pain trying to get past this one. Any suggestions? I'm level 38, without MP.

• 10 Replies
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i have beaten this field many moons ago on a far lower wizzard level than
i am actually. from memory it wasn't so hard.

i will play it now (just to remember what's the &quotroblem" here) and give you a tip.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

how did i beat this ?

even on wizzard level 82 i struggled to beat it (2 attempts).
and i had 4 grade 5 gems plus 1 grade 4 gem when i lost.

at least you should block 1 way asap. use the towers already in place (saves mana) and put your strongest gem in the middle tower.
use pause whenever you can upgrade gems or when the bolt is available.
it's harder than i remembered .....

apollyon1
apollyon1
2 posts
Nomad

Lol, well now I don't feel so bad. I've already blocked off one way, and I already use the towers. If I remember correctly, I have only gotten the shadow down to 1/3 health. I've had two grade 6 gems and one grade 5, methinks, but eventually I just get overwhelmed and the bolts the shadow keeps shooting end up killing me. What did you do to win?

BladeGrip
BladeGrip
3 posts
Nomad

In V levels, anything you have doesn't matter. You can be level 1 (If that's even possible) or level 5000 and every conditions inside those levels will be the same. V levels only depend on your own skill at playing the game.

EDIT: I was replying to clear up smario's confusion. As for the level itself, I sadly cannot remember how I beat it. Sorry.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

pure luck ?

i can't remember the strategy.

i know there are no skills and talismans working on those v fields, but could it
be that the higher your wizzard level is the harder it gets ?

i wonder how i cleared that field 30 or more wizzard levels lower .....

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i nearly cleared it.

you must use only yellow gems and you should build two additional
towers close to your orb after some waves.
whenever bolt is available use it on those 2 towers !
make also sure that towards the end the strongest gems are in those two towers. should work.

BladeGrip
BladeGrip
3 posts
Nomad

I just tried playing it, and it took quite an amount of tries before I finally made it.

Changelog of 1.0.14:
If there are no more waves to come, shadows become much more aggressive. (Spawnlings and projectiles arrive faster and increase in number faster)

I guess that's the cause. The last time I played that field was before this update, and I cleared it first try back then.
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

that could be the case.

i hope there will be an update for the difficulty soon.
it's too hard and will distract potential gamers.
why not an easy difficulty for beginners ?
or at least some cheat codes (more starting mana for example)
this game is so good, but after 20+ attempts on some fields i am tired.

XasdZbaa
XasdZbaa
9 posts
Peasant

It's not all that hard, you just HAVE to defend your orb. Build 4-6 towers around your orb with grade 2ish gems to shoot down the shadows attacks. I suggest using pure crit gems. Focus on the monsters, you can save the shadow until the end. Get your gem to grade 7 and use bolt, that should kill the shadow fairly easily.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i still would recommend building walls around the orb.

Showing 1-10 of 10