ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Field T6

8 4372
Mokka
Mokka
1 posts
Nomad

Does anyone have any thoughts on how best to approach field T6 as a non-premium, level 100 player? I've been stuck grinding for levels for ages with still no luck, and I know some have beat the field at far lower levels than mine. A couple of set-ups I'm come close to clearing all the monsters, but not getting remotely anywhere with the locks since they require so many hits. Similarly, I'm made pretty decent progress on the locks with a slew of g5 gems backed up by some g7s and g8s, but then I get overwhelmed by monsters halfway through.

For reference, I currently have 9 skill points each in True Colors, Fusion, Mana Stream, Resonance, and Critical Hit with 677 unspent skill points, for an initial mana bonus of 4,739 (though I've tried loads of other combinations). Any thoughts on field set-up (I've basically had all the monsters go down the far left side of the field, past the locks with towers ajoining, and then over the right block of walls), strategy, and skill setup would be greatly appreciated.

• 8 Replies
XasdZbaa
XasdZbaa
9 posts
Peasant

10 g1s should be plenty to get through the locks, if you get them all set up before wave 10 or so. As for layout, I sent them all to one side, down past the walls on the outside, then snaked them up and down towards the wiz tower. I put my tower on the big group of walls and I think all I used was one pure crit gem. I did it around level 80, non-premium

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Yeah. The locks are just a matter of putting a large number of towers on them, with low grade gems. G5+ is too much power to waste on the locks. go with g1 to g3.

Set critical hit to level 3.

...is the skill tome in t5 worth getting?

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Every skill tome is worth getting.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Suppressing isn't.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Critical hit is the best damage gem...why set it to 3 skill level? He already has 5k starting mana, more than enough...you only need enough for a few walls, grade 5, and tower to start...

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...misread his starting skills.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

T5 is resonnance boosting your gems damage and range.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I've done T6 with WL60 in my no_MP_run, so you should be able to do the same! Bring the monsters on one side down, some towers at the locks, one kill tower at the top, I used pure yellow IIRC, top-row skills at 9, spell skills at 3. I used to raise the grade of the lockpicking gems up to 4 or 5 so they are a nice backup for monsters passing my killtower.

Showing 1-8 of 8