ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Were game rating statistics deleted?

11 2726
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Just wondering if you guys deleted game ratings statistics when the rating system was altered.

At one point I know I had rated hundreds of games, but now its only 96. I don't watch this particularly closely, but I know its down by several hundred at least.

• 11 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

My ratings are all intact, though there was a point where they were transferring resources from their old system to Disqus when the numbers went all strange and wonky. It's supposed to be fixed by now though. Queer.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@nichodemus

I'm not entirely sure what's going on either. Since I am currently paying a little attention to this, I did a test yesterday and rated three games after I started this thread. As of starting this response, I was at 96 posts again. Going back to those pages, my ratings were removed.

So my ratings of the games themselves appear to not be sticking and/or are being removed.

I rated one of them again right now, and the number now says 97.

It appears that game ratings (for me at least) don't stick most of the time and are being removed after I make them. I had noticed this problem on the site in the past (there were months at one point the site refused to let me rate anything), but I thought that it had gone away. I guess the rating system is still not completely functional.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@jonathen

Your problems are not related to anything I experience. You clearly have major issues with your setup and how it interacts with the site. Your very different issues should be discussed in a separate thread to keep this thread on topic.

The rating system takes no time at all, it happens instantly. The site appears to be removing ratings after the fact.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Erile : I will pass it along and ask @Boppins to have a look at it. There have been issues with rating in the past, something I experienced myself frequently back then, but the fact that you lost a couple of 100 is new to me. Hang in there! =)

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Thanks MrDayCee,

Just to clarify, its not like I had hundreds yesterday and they all disappeared. Its more like I had short of a hundred a long time ago and I'm surprised that out of every rating I've provided out of every game I've played that the ratings don't increase. (And of course that I tested it and ratings are not "sticking" right now)

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@Erile
Shouldn't have lost hundreds of ratings, that's for sure. You do only have 97 rated games in the database though.

As for ratings not sticking after you click on them, that definitely shouldn't happen either, and would be a bug.

@jonathen
Disqus has issues on pages with thousands of comments. If you post a comment, it wont show up until someone else posts a comment. We've notified them and it's a bug they are supposedly working on.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@boppins

This was my test:
The other night when I had 96 ratings on my profile, I rated 3 games. Each game page said that I rated the game. The next day, my profile still said 96 ratings, and the ratings I made on those game pages were gone. I have actually rated 7 games since I started this thread, but my profile has only increased by 2.

So, the ratings were removed overnight. I have no idea whether the page was giving me a false positive on the rating and it didn't save within the profile records online or whether the ratings actually occurred and something in the site removed them after the fact.

I know this was a problem in the past as well; I had games that I would rate every day for a week and the rating would never be there the next day. So it makes me wonder if something happened to all the older games I rated.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@jonathen
We contacted them about the bug. They verified it and said they are working on it. We are one of the major users of their services, so for now we wait for a result. We will keep them up to date on this issue.

What disqus users can't access their account? And which account are you referring to -- the armor games account, or the disqus one? And in which way can they not access the account?

Showing 1-8 of 11