ForumsGamesGemcraft 2 CS Mana Farm Help

39 9323
tugay354
tugay354
10 posts
Baron

I'm 137 level. I read some topics but i couldn't understand. how do i set up it?

• 39 Replies
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I asked earlier in the thread whether or not you had to have premium in order to mana farm and didn't get an answer. So I took it upon myself after gaining enough levels to try and research the question.

The answer is no, you cannot manafarm without the pouch (premium).

The entire premise of manafarming is heavily dependent on the red gem allowing you to hit multiple targets at the same time. Unfortunately, you cannot get a good chain hit rating with the red gem unless you have the skill for it. Otherwise it is largely useless. Following all the guides, you end up having tons of monsters escape past any setups you have because the red gems are never good enough without the skills for it.

So for all the people who cannot get the magician's pouch, sorry, but manafarming is out.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I don't think so! Even if I have MP, in the long run I want to get the red get much smaller - I think you should try it with a slow gem in front of mana/kill gem!
Sorry, but I don't want to try it by myself, my no-mp run has ended with level 69 after finishing the game...

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

You cannot get to the levels where you want the red gem as a small component unless you manafarm to get there first. You still need the red gem to be effective in order to start functional manafarming.

Slow gems, even in traps, only hit a percentage of the monsters coming through anyway. If you get 3-4 slow gems in traps immediately in front, you can start having a better chance of hitting them all (though swarmlings, reavers with speed, and reaver crowds will still have individual monsters escaping). Unfortunately, this means you are spending too much mana and skill points on slow gems and extra traps etc which removes the ability to get a functional manafarm going.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

In comments, last few days was a guy with WL 2.2k+ w/o mp, he might give you some advise

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Either way, all the stated manafarm techniques do not work at all without the pouch. The ones that are out there make an assumption that things work the same way as long as you have the red gem, but these do not appear to involve testing or evidence. When your chain hit is less than 1, its useless, and even when you get it to 2 or 3, it still doesn't hit enough for manafarming by a long shot.

Since I never received or found an answer in any thread on how to manafarm without the pouch, I thought I would spend a few hundred hours trying to get it to work by myself. It clearly doesn't work based on any stated or assumed methods (and some others I tried). Frankly, after all that I'm not really sure I'm too interested in leveling anymore I don't even know how much time I've spent just leveling the normal way so I'm getting a little tired of the game lol.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Erile, the key to getting a high chain is to find a chain-bloodbound or chain-poolbound field to do it on(suggest Y6 has all 3). The base chain of a level 50 gem with level 60 skill is like 35 or so length lol.

for the slow trap, even if it only has like 10 target hits, put it on random and add beam to it to make it hit faster, and it can easily withstand 200 or so monsters.

The managem should follow the old 32spec 8.85 leech +0.254 /hit lvl at maxed skills gem. Best for non premium.

Also, it quite clearly IS possible, as I've SEEN a pic of a non prem 2000+ level player on Y6 made a manafarm that had leech in the quadrillions, E25 mana, and a nice 7000 bloodbound mod even w/o the skill. That's truly the most impressive thing I have seen in GC2

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

When you are only level 200 or 250, and you don't have the pouch, you are generally talking about level 10 gems after finishing a long level, maybe grade 11 if there are 90-odd waves (Grade 12 if there is a corrupt shard). Even with red/white or red/black combinations, you aren't getting past a chain-hit value of 1 until halfway through the battle.

A trap as you discuss can not hold 200 monsters. Even a level 7 slow trap set to random and with beam on it to increase its firing rate will only hit 1/3 of the monsters that pass by it. That is the highest I can ever really raise a trap because to raise them any higher means that I do not have enough mana to kill monsters and survive.

Not that those gem combining formulas have ever really been well described, but at the level I'm at, doing that "32-spec" combination is way beyond impossible for any field because of the mana required to get there. I'm sure they work great when you are level 1000.

I saw the image, but that doesn't explain how anything was done, and it doesn't explain why the current descriptions of how to do things don't work. It also doesn't say when they were able to start mamafarming. Maybe that player was able to start manafarming at level 500 which I think I could get to but am not really keen on trying. At my level, none of the posted parameters work - they become clearly impossible.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Erile, the 32 spec requires a grand total of a Grade 6 manacost. Perfectly affordable at level 200.

Second, are you 16 or 64 combining your pure O amps? Ignore angering except very lightly at the beginning, and focus on just the manafarm first. You'll reach about 100k mana, while U-ing it(you'll make newgem later which will be optimized) then make slow traps G8 or so. Don't anger to 999 obviously now...

Anger at most to 100 monsters until wave 50. By then you should have a G15 or so..? Make a killgem using the 32 spec in the guide, its inefficient but the best with no black skilling. Replace with white, even, I'm not sure which is better at 0 skill. And start the higher angering(250 monster?) and killing. Utilize freeze to let your gem catch up if its chain is failing. Use curse for +50% damage dealt and -40% armor or something like that. It also increases slowing effect timer, so use it to help your farm too!

At wave 90 I'll guess you be close to G25-G30 maybe? Hopefully, anyway.

Then go all out, by now on killgem chain should be past 10 hopefully, again I'm not sure but it should be with a large black or white component.

You'll gain about 1-5 million xp I estimate, times your traits(suggest glaring, haste maxed, beacon storm maxed, and level 1 manalock...about beacon storm place ~10-15 walls by wave 3 around mana gem, problem solved, and beacons give added xp which you can leech from them at wave 50.)

I'm not too confident it'll work, but give it a try please it can't hurt.

OH almost forgot- skills!

Max mana leech
Max true colors
Max fusion
Max traps
About half in masonry
Max crit hit
Half in resonance if you can.

Lower if need be. Also, don't max-max them. Max them to the highest multiple of 3 of course. Leave enough for a trap, a few G1s, a G6, and an amp...for your level of fusion I'm estimating 4,000 mana or 4500?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Going to discuss this solely in this thread:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12338709/gccs-thoughts-on-getting-from-level-200-through-1000/page/2

Showing 31-39 of 39