ForumsThe TavernDropkick Murphys Song Similarity to Hearthstone Music?

3 4808
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Has anyone else noticed that the Hearthstone main menu song bears a resemblance to the Dropkick Murphys song I'm Shipping Up to Boston? Or is it just me?

• 3 Replies
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Music from the loading screen (when the game is choosing for you an opponent) is from the famous Blizzard games Warcraft 1,2 (RTS). Nevertheless it's processed to sound like it's on a gramophone record.

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
Release date: November 1994
Video game music composers: Glenn Stafford, Gregory Alper, Rick Jackson, Chris Palmer

Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
Release date: December 1995
Video game music composer: Glenn Stafford

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Couldn't you have used the Hearthstone thread for this in the video game section?

~~~Darth Caedus

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

ivanxxxxxxx, good point. It would be the Dropkick Murphy's song sounding like Hearthstone. Also, very interesting too. I switched the title around to reflect that it is the Dropkick Murphy's song reflecting the music in Hearthstone.

Jacen96, well the thread isn't really about the game itself and could also be looked at as a thread about Dropkick Murphys. It's hard to say where this would go, Popular Media, Video Games, or The Tavern. I put it here because it's an amalgamation of things.

Edit: But you were right Jacen96, now that I think about it more it makes more sense to just ask this in Hearthstone thread. I'm going to lock this for that reason.

Showing 1-3 of 3