ForumsGamesWhat MMOs here do you dislike the most?

27 11660
StormWingDelta
StormWingDelta
72 posts
Shepherd

Just curious about this since there has got to be some no one here wants to touch with a 100ft pole.

• 27 Replies
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

None of these "MMOs" are good.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

All of them, I hate MMOs!

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

The ones where you are basically a hamster running on a wheel.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

Most of them. Special mentions go towards "Clash of Dragons" and all the others that followed. You know the 'RPGS' that are click, win a battle cause you had the energy to do it. Yay! I named Clash since it was the first one put up of it's type but there's about 7 of them now just with different coats of paint.

Everything by r2games as well though Wartune and League of Angels get named dropped for shady advertisements(Really using someone else's fanservice over your own fanservice you know the fanservice your ENTIRE game is built around?) and ripping off other works.

Two games that get mentioned that I liked is Last Stand: Dead Zone and Sorcery Quest. Because you know they had ACTUAL gameplay. But SQ is along with all the Edgebee games so....only 1 MMO I guess?

nuwbie
nuwbie
11 posts
Nomad

I don't like MMOs where its just bashing through an action bar.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

@Nuwbie

So like 10 titles on the 'MMO' list? How are these things so popular? If people are THIS bored to play something like "Thousand Suns" just boot up minesweeper! Faster, free, and more gameplay.

Honestly I don't know why this click games are so popular.

huean
huean
1 posts
Nomad

All of them. They suck and have unfair systems in place

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Saying "All of them" without playing "All of them" makes this opinion not valid. :/

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

@Ferret

Given that most the games are either made by the same company(Wartune and League of Angels) or cookie cutter(Mob Wars and Zombie Slayer, Thousand Suns-Dawn of Dragons-Chronicles of Blood) I can't blame people for labeling most if not all browser MMO games as bad.

Really, quality control here.

...Oh wow. Viking Clan, Pirate Clan, Zombie Slayer and Mob Wars are ALL made by the same company. No wonder 3 felt the same. I bet the 4th will be awesome though! Right? Right?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@MerlinCross Much like Flash Games, what one person may enjoy in an MMO differs from person to person. If you liked the first games they made, and obviously some did, then you'd likely enjoy the rest. Regardless, unless you've played all of the MMO's, saying they are all bad is just a poor opinion.

A couple even have 90+ ratings.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

That being said, saying you don't enjoy playing MMO's is completely valid. Much like I don't enjoy resource-management games. This doesn't mean I'd ever say that all resource-management games are horrible, or that i'd never even try one that was highly rated or suggested by a friend.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

There is one MMO here that I like: Spiral Knights. The rest aren't very good, aside from oh... wait...edgebee.

ISOmorphHunter109
ISOmorphHunter109
1 posts
Scribe

I've only played three different games here so far: The Last Stand: Dead Zone, Steel Legions, and Dark Orbit.

The latter two, I eventually came to despise almost entirely, thanks to their sickeningly disgusting pay-to-win nature. After a couple of days of being repeatedly killed off every two minutes by the "rich" players, I stopped playing.

Frankly, with all these pay-to-win scams running rampant all about the Internet, I'm almost scared out of my wit to play any free-to-play MMO, whether it's here or elsewhere.

In my opinion, any MMO here with less than 5 million plays has got to be garbage, hands down, whether the reason is pay-to win or otherwise.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

anything with a focus on micro-transaction aka pay-to-win games.

saw critter conquest on kong the other day and its blatant pay-to-win. seriously, a 5 minute waiting period to build even the most basic buildings with gems (cash currency) to speed it up? way to fail at fun game designing, devs. you didn't make that game to be fun, you made it for whale hunting and thus you SUCK.

edit: sweet merciful... O.O a edit button for the AG forums? who caused this miracle to happen?

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

The only MMO games I enjoyed so far are Mini Heores (yay for Castaway! xD), pretty much all edgebee games and kingdoms CCG. The rest are just-click-to-win and pay-to-win-games. Pff....

Showing 1-15 of 27