ForumsGamesPre-orders, should we trust them?

9 3760
ghost72807
ghost72807
20 posts
Nomad

So, you know what Pre-orders are, confirm that purchase of your game and get it on the first day, good get it first but.... should we trust them?

I'm talking about all the games that were disappointing like Aliens: Colonial Marines, Duke Nukem: Forever, Dead Island and that squeal or all of the Call of Duty squeals. Should we trust these Developers?

Its like people waiting for that game to come out perhaps Watch Dogs. Theirs that majority that think it will be good and theirs the ones who say oh burn in a pit. And then it comes out and then its disappointing and all sides come together. (Even Watch Dogs is not out yet we just have to see)

So say someone go's and spends $120 on a Limited Edition of it and says 'what the hell was this? i don't care if it came with a soundtrack, artwork a statue ,the merchandise or even all the DLC it's still complete crap.

Well that is what happened with all those games above. (Thief i'm looking at you) But you just spent your money for crap you don't like.

OK People what do you think about pre-orders and should we trust them.
Leave a comment down below on how you think about this.

Have a nice day.

• 9 Replies
nuwbie
nuwbie
11 posts
Nomad

I think pre-orders are bad and breaks the integrity of the game developer. If the game developer already made a killing, it hurts the motivation to make a spectacular game.

Someone could counter argue and say "But some game developers do it not for the intention of money" and then I say, why all the DLCs and pre-orders?

Clearly money is a motivating factor and when you've already made the loot, motivation goes down the drain.

This more or less applies to smaller developers though. Pre-orders for big companies like Blizzard or whathaveyou makes no difference I think. And not to say all smaller game developers are like this, but quite a few.

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

If you pre-order a game, I would assume you did research on it beforehand, especially if you snagged a CE. There is a significant risk decrease if it's a sequel, since you kind of know what to expect.

I trust games from developers like Ubi Montreal and Ubi Massive, Naughty Dog, R*, SSM, ect. so the chances I'll preorder one of there games goes up. I have little trust for Activision and EA so I'm wary of their games for the first few weeks. I got bit by BF4 at launch. That said, I'll still be pre-ordering the Battlefront reboot the second it's announced, lol.

I have Watch Dogs ready to go on PS4, ignoring all the drama that has been surrounding it for the past month. It's a new IP, but I like almost everything Ubisoft puts out, so I'm more willing to pre-order.

If you pre-order a game and end up not liking it, you have no one to blame but yourself. False advertising aside, you still made the choice to give in to the hype.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i only pre order games if they are sequels to a game series that i like, but if it's a game thats new like watch dogs or titan fall, i will just rent it and beat it just so i dont end up spending 60 bucks on a game and end up not liking it

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I don't trust them in the least. I pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter with my friends because the beta was amazing and the game turned out to be trash. Waste of money. Never again

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

also forgot to mention i do it to get pre order bonus's with posters for my room amd for in game items

thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

i'm back...

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

Only time Pre-order is good is when the game has a smaller release or you live in a small town/gaming area. You know when it's possible to run out.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Only pre-order if it's something you really want and if you have faith in it actually being what you want. I usually just pre-order on big sequels of games that I love. It's usually less risky.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

No one should ever pre-order.

Showing 1-9 of 9