ForumsGamesFPS... Oh why i hate you.

22 7856
ghost72807
ghost72807
20 posts
Nomad

Firstly, if you are a FPS fan and play Call of Duty all day then... no, just get out now. And if you play Battlefield all day... i'll accept you because it has a bit more innovation than Call of Duty. Because if you played Doom and Quake when you were young then you know what FPS is as i do and 80% of people don't. Now the 'FPS' group are going away but in sales they are not but. Why are you playing Call of Duty , an even more dumbed down Michael Bay movie and Battlefield is a bit better than a Micheal Bay movie but why cant you return to Doom and Quake.

OK People, tell me what you think of First Person Shooters, do you think they are amazing or do you wish they would return to Doom and Quake levels.

Have a nice day

• 22 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

doom and quake are still FPS. if you say you hate FPS then you hate those too. you dont hate FPS, you just dislike the new games for some reason. overall... your comment doesnt seem different from any of those who like the games you dislike. you like your games of your choice and hate the games of the other companies that compete it.

personaly? i dislike ALL FPS games.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

but why cant you return to Doom and Quake.

You can't really return to Doom and Quake. The games were fun, yes, but they are fairly dated by now. The best "return" to these game looks to be Wolfenstein: The New Order. Surely you, who has such great knowledge of everything video games and fps, knows Wolfenstein. I have yet to get my hands on the new one, but it looks like a lot of fun. So there is your return.

Now the 'FPS' group are going away but in sales they are not but.

...What?

Because if you played Doom and Quake when you were young then you know what FPS is as i do and 80% of people don't.

FPS: First Person Shooter. There isn't some mystical and magical understanding about it. Pretty sure all gamers know what it stands for, so your whole "80% don't" thing is just wrong. Just because it is a different style, doesn't mean it is not an FPS.

Why are you playing Call of Duty

Because it is fun and I like playing with friends. Its simple. Great games and stories are fun and all, but multiplayer shenanigans can be just as fun. I'm excluding CoD Ghosts here... that game is too broken to enjoy.

So yeah uh... good talk. Please don't be one of those people who tries to tell people what they spend their money on. That can be kinda annoying.

Side Note: The title is kinda hypocritical. You're saying you hate FPS games, but then you turn around and say no one understand what an FPS is and you love them. Plz...

Another side note: Wow I need to stop reading Matt's posts look at what they have done to me ._.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

It depends what you want from a game. In the modern market, FPS games are largely geared towards the multiplayer experience. If you want an involving campaign, you're probably better off looking at TPS games instead.

ghost72807
ghost72807
20 posts
Nomad

Ok yes Call of Duty can be fun but... it just gets boring after like 20 minutes and i mean the style of Doom and Quake and i dont love them... BY FAR but i just wish they would think 'huh, you know if we actually give a crap about these games into there story and game play.' (i mean 'South America' just change it up here and there note: i might buy advance warfare because its being developed by Sledgehammer Games.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Ok yes Call of Duty can be fun but... it just gets boring after like 20 minutes and i mean the style of Doom and Quake and i dont love them... BY FAR but i just wish they would think 'huh, you know if we actually give a crap about these games into there story and game play.' (i mean 'South America' just change it up here and there note: i might buy advance warfare because its being developed by Sledgehammer Games.

wut... ill just give up.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

it just gets boring after like 20 minutes

Not really. I have a bunch of people who I play CoD with and it is fun and fresh for hours. Its not even the game so much, its just hanging out with friends that is fun.

And there are some great FPSs with good stories and such too. Try Borderlands, Fallout, Halo ex. I'm personally looking forward to Destiny too. Try that when it comes out.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Call of Duty is a mp game, don't go to people who play it and say they suck for playing it.

If you don't like it . . .

And let the people who do enjoy have fun without your toxicity.

~~~Darth Caedus

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Ok yes Call of Duty can be fun but... it just gets boring after like 20 minutes and i mean the style of Doom and Quake
[quote]Call of Duty........... i mean the style of Doom and Quake

[/quote]
I see your point very clearly.
why cant you return to Doom and Quake.

Doom and Quake and i dont love them... BY FAR

Fascinating, so why do we need to return to it again, just for clarification of course.
huh, you know if we actually give a crap about these games into there story and game play.

Oh I get it! You're trying to convert people into Halo fans without saying "Halo"!
(i mean 'South America'

I'm not feeling 100% today, so if you would be so kind as to spell out what South America has to do with this that would be greatly appreciated.

~Manly

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

[quote]huh, you know if we actually give a crap about these games into there story and game play.

Oh I get it! You're trying to convert people into Halo fans without saying "Halo"![/quote]

Halo being the gateway drug to actual quality content, like, for example, Mass Effect.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Halo being the gateway drug to actual quality content, like, for example, Mass Effect.

I'm going to let that slide solely on the basis that I've never played Mass Effect.

~Manly
ghost72807
ghost72807
20 posts
Nomad

I HATE HALO! well now i do. The first one will always be in my heart. and if you even dare pick on Mass Effect.... (horror junkes insert your death here) i'll let you off with the Mass Effect 3 ending... god i will never forgive them for that!

ghost72807
ghost72807
20 posts
Nomad

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games and not crap Rip-offs *uh uh* call of duty.i hate Call of Duty, Battlefield is slightly better Halo is complete crap now and just deal with not you %*$£^% of a *(^%$ and &*^%$£ i will stuff you in a barrel and %^&** always^"£$ because you are ^*%££% stupid and i am *&^%$^ stupid we all are &*^%&^ stupid so just stop ^$%^*^$ messing with me you *^&%$ and ^&%$()...just....stop.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I detect a case of mad and bad, so there are two options.

1) QQ MOAR BRAH, and have a biscuit

or

2) Less QQ more Pew Pew.

~~~Darth Caedus

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games and not crap Rip-offs *uh uh* call of duty.i hate Call of Duty, Battlefield is slightly better Halo is complete crap now and just deal with not you %*$£^% of a *(^%$ and &*^%$£ i will stuff you in a barrel and %^&** always^"£$ because you are ^*%££% stupid and i am *&^%$^ stupid we all are &*^%&^ stupid so just stop ^$%^*^$ messing with me you *^&%$ and ^&%$()...just....stop.

yup. the average fanboy who thinks his opinions are sacred facts and that everybody who thinks differently as a not true FPS fan. people have different tastes, deal with it.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I HATE HALO! well now i do

WHAT??????

*fanboy alert*

Halo is Xbox's top game series and always will be. Killing Aliens with big guns, who doesn't like that?

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games and not crap Rip-offs *uh uh* call of duty.i hate Call of Duty, Battlefield is slightly better Halo is complete crap now and just deal with not you

*moar fanboy alert*

GAWD U WENT 2 FAR,

da gift 4 u

Showing 1-15 of 22