Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is reality real?

Posted Jun 29, '14 at 4:32pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,546 posts

Since we can't prove if anything is real we just pretend like we know.

This is not correct. Those three things must be real. There is no working around it.

Posted Jul 14, '14 at 1:39am

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

662 posts

Is reality real? It certainly seems so and my dreams don't. If there was something in a real reality that just thinks all this up, that reality would have to be real at some point down the line. Duh!

Posted Jul 14, '14 at 6:45pm

09philj

09philj

1,231 posts

Is reality real? It certainly seems so and my dreams don't. If there was something in a real reality that just thinks all this up, that reality would have to be real at some point down the line. Duh!

Nobody has suggested otherwise. This is more concerned with whether what we can see specifically, is real.

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 8:35am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

102 posts

I know for certain right not that I'm controlling my world if it is a dream and you are imagined and know I can't be apart of someone elses dream and also be independent.  So hypothetically you guy would be my imagination.  In inception when entering Limbo he forgets he entered it and lost reality because Limbo became his reality.  That could have happened to me. I could just be in a dream state.  Everyone told me I was born but there is no way of me every truly being able to conform I was born myself because I don't remember.  I just believe what others tell me.

People who say they know for certain they aren't dreaming, (and in this instance I'm saying that others have independent minds and I'm not just making it up for you guys, ) are wrong because you say feeling conscious makes you conscious but in your mind it can make you feel anger, joy, sorrow, and fear in a dream so who's to say in this dream or your reality these triggers of emotion and feeling of consciousness aren't just your mind making them up.

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 9:59am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

People who say they know for certain they aren't dreaming, (and in this instance I'm saying that others have independent minds and I'm not just making it up for you guys, ) are wrong because you say feeling conscious makes you conscious but in your mind it can make you feel anger, joy, sorrow, and fear in a dream so who's to say in this dream or your reality these triggers of emotion and feeling of consciousness aren't just your mind making them up.

There is a problem in your reasoning. You say that the feeling of being conscious (which is the same as consciousness) could be made up, but by what? You say made up by our mind. So we have a mind that creates emotions and feelings. Indirectly you are confirming that what you try to contest.

Reply to Is reality real?

You must be logged in to post a reply!